going.zero.wasteI've been reflecting on what it would be like to go zero waste if I were younger and still lived at home. Whenever I think of home, I think of my parents making breakfast. Mom always made some delicious muffins and dad was an omelette master. So, how do you go zero waste or at least reduce your waste when you live with your parents? I'm tackling that question on the blog today with my top 10 tips! Get the link in my profile. #goingzerowaste
Do you live at home or have any advice for those who do?
- firstname.lastname@example.org that's awesome! Sounds like you're able to use the kitchen often which is really nice! (I was not allowed to cook or bake.) heyyyyy microwave. 😜
- email@example.com haha oh no!! I definitely am 😁 women's weekly have a microwave cookbook! No longer reputable for being the healthiest or anything but strategic swaps + bulk buys are liiiiiiife 😜
- trevorhuxhamBulk oatmeal is bæ
- dorottyaagostonpappHi! :) I'm a student from Hungary, just finishing high-school. Although my parents are quite supportive, I wish I could be much more radical in going zero waste. But I cut out tissues and use handkerchiefes, take my lunch with me in boxes, buy second-hand clothes, and don't use plastic bottles. Of course, we recycle, but I know it's not a solution. I usually try to take a shower instead of bathing to spare water and such little things, but my heart is broken every time I have to throw something away. :( But I see what I could do better yet. :) I loved your zero waste bathroom tips, I'll make soap and my own make-up in the near future, and such other little things, I'm able to change. Thanks for being so motivating! :) Your blogs help me a lot to be better and better at going zero waste. :)
- going.zero.waste@trevorhuxham LOL! I love overnight oats. I'm going to try adding a shot of espresso to my chocolate pecan mix... I bet it'd be tasty. 😋
- going.zero.waste@dorottyaagostonpapp thanks so much for your kind words! I'm glad you find the blog helpful. 😊❤️
- lecomptoirdestephanieI am not a zero waster but inpired by your blog/feed. I find some of the tips you share are useful even when not living with parents 😊
- _hayleystagramThis is totally an issue for me!! Excited to read the post! ❤
- aisha_rabahDo what is possible don't destitute other's just invited them 💓 and inform them 💖💖
- aisha_rabahBe kind
- breezrrsCurrently still living at home but I'm the one that's mostly around. I started making small changes without forcing anything on anyone else. I do most of the grocery shopping and cleaning so I have a lot of freedom to apply less wasteful changes
- jesssicaxnicoleI still live at home and my parents aren't super on board with this whole "zero waste hippie thing" haha but i did buy my mom reusable bulk/produce bags that she uses all the time! (Shes been using her own shopping bags since i can remember, but never for produce) I buy my own products in bulk, take my lunch to work in my own containers and buy my clothing secondhand
- rhiannonhittTricky. My mum and I had fairly major rows about cling film (seran wrap?) but she's since discovered Pyrex dishes with the snap lids (yes plastic but better than cling film!!). She also loves my tiffin and my steel water bottle, so, small steps! I've found it easier to quietly do my own thing, then when it's noticed we have a conversation about it :) she is on my side, just not as idealistic...
- abottleofchampagneI don't live my parents but I learned first steps of zero waste from home! And my kids (two are having own home already) learned it as well from home. I can think that it could be tricky to "teach" own parents how to do things...
- saski4lifeClean out your fridge by making a big soup!
- the_futon_shopSo many great tips!!! These are helpful for me too and I am a parent. I can teach my son these tips over the years. I love the tip: bring your own container to a take restaurant👍
- shesinher20sI took charge off my own hygiene and beauty supplies.
- greenminimalStill living at home and still going to school :) Fell in love with the idea of minimalism and the zerowastelifestyle, still happy about it. Thanks for your inspiration :)
- twosoulsonestoryVooooll schööön!
- faucetfaceEnjoy your posts, keep it up!
Log in to like or comment.