thetwinklesmamaI took this shot of these beautiful mountains about about half and hour before disaster struck. We'd stopped for a breather - on a relatively gentle green slope - and I slipped and suffered a really bad fall (from standing). Cue a mountain rescue, followed by a trip to hospital in an ambulance. The upshot is, I have snapped the cruciate ligament in my knee. Ouchy. My first skiing experience has been SO amazing - the boys and I have been having the best holiday ever so it's so sad that this has happened. My knee is in a brace and I may have to have reconstructive surgery to fix it. But hey. Trying not to dwell on the negatives - which is why I've posted a pic of this amazing place rather than a miserable pic of me in a leg brace. Although - I bet you fifty quid I'll manage to squeeze at least one injury shot in before we go home 😉 @mwholidays #markwarnermum
- thetwinklesmama#traveltherenext #familytravel #postcardsfromtheworld #mountains #skiing #ski #traveldeeper #travelstroke #travelling #travellingram #tignes #ukparentbloggers #trips100 #capturingcolour #visiting #wanderlust #tourist #igtravel #getaway #weekendgetaway #weekendaway #mytravelgram #tripaway #tagsta_travel #mytinyatlas #abmtravelbug #passionpassport #guardiantravelsnaps #simpleandstill
- jennifercockcroftOoh jeez ouch! That's why my school would never take me skiing - my knees were so dodgy anyway as a teenager they didn't want to risk the injuries! Just take it easy and hope it's a straightforward healing journey 💖
- memoriesfrommummyOuch 😪 sending get better wishes to you ❤
- karen.e.bakerSo sorry to hear of your injury, just when you'd got going on skis too :-( Love your positivity though! Hope you can enjoy the rest of your holiday just taking in the views and the sunshine.
- thetwinklesmama@jennifercockcroft thanks lovely - am feeling very sorry for myself tonight - not how I'd anticipated spending my penultimate night here. Thank you for your well wishes 🙁xx
- thetwinklesmama@memoriesfrommummy ouch indeed -I just can't believe it. The prognosis from the doctor was so bleak. Am trying to keep positive though 👍🏻xx
- email@example.com aah thanks so much lovely. Have spent this afternoon in bed as I can't move - hoping to get outside again tomorrow. What a sad end to an amazing holiday. It's taken my husband 20 years to get me to the snow ❄️ I was absolutely loving it too xx
- memoriesfrommummy@thetwinklesmama bless you such a shame you are doing fab and keeping a positive spin on things is there proessco to help or have they given you meds ? If it helps someone I know had the same injury and had surgery and they were good as new afterwards 😘
- tamingtwinsOh my gawd!!! You poor thing! Oh love I will be thinking of you. Can you still go on the planned flight home? Xx
- munichsissiIs this fantastic!!! 💙
- lizzie_woodmanOh Caro, I'm so sorry to hear this. Xx
- atouchofdomesticityOh no you poor thing! What a shame. Thank goodness it happened near the end rather than near the beginning of the holiday. Get well soon xx.
- oldfashionedsusOMG hope it gets sorted asap
Log in to like or comment.