wholefullyblogTen years ago today, right around this time in the morning, this guy and I stood in city hall in front of exactly three other people and pledged to spend forever together.⠀
Now, with some perspective and age, I can tell that I knew absolutely nothing back then—except one thing—I had found someone who loved be *because* of who I was and not in spite of it. And that's been everything.⠀
Because even though I can be hard to live with sometimes (hi, my name is Cass, and I'm an over-sensitive, messy, opinionated workaholic), I knew, at the end of the day, those were the exact things that made my husband fall in love with me. I never had to pretend or act or hide.⠀
I never had to hide the fact that I'm a life-long lover of Britney Spears or that I have a weird obsession with political drama TV shows or that I hate taking showers or that I cry at...well...everything. Because I know those things that make me me are exactly what make him love me. It's so freeing to be able to be yourself and be loved for it. ⠀
A lot of people say marriage is hard, and, I suppose it can be, but being married to this guy? A breeze. Of course we bicker sometimes. Of course we disagree. But under that is always this overwhelming current of love and devotion—it makes it easy to be married. And easy to be myself.⠀
I love you, Rocksteady, and I love the life we've built together. 💕⠀
(☘️Also: Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! ☘️)
- kimberlylee09Happy Anniversary!
- eculattaAww happy anniversary to you two! Love to hear about your relationship and think you're a beautiful example of a marriage gone right!
- thebrocadeblackbirdHappy Anniversary. I love you both and your story. 💚
- rigby29Happy anniversary! What a sweet tribute to your marriage. Wishing you many more years of happiness!
- lequeenbeeHope you have a wonderful anniversary and endless years together. Thank you for sharing! 😊😊
- kelseyyokiHappiest Anniversary!
- smultringunnHappy anniversary!! ❤️
- stelliciouslife@wholefullyblog Wishing you both a very happy anniversary and many more happy years to come! 👏🍾
- rkmcclain83Happy Anniversary!
- dg123My daughter got married in this day five years ago. When your last name is greene.... Happy Anniversary!!
- avateleAww, happiest anniversary 💕
- lisa.broadleyso happy for both of you!!❤❤❤
- thecoffeloverWhat a great story! Happy anniversary!
- noshingnerdHappy Anny!!
- imajadams2017 is gonna be your year‼
- starfishlily37Omg I love this. High five to you both!
- mindfulmommaSuch a sweet sentiment and testament to marriage! ❤
Log in to like or comment.