treadingmyownpath✂👚Feeling pretty pleased with myself! Bought this blue shirt from an op-shop, exactly what I was looking for. I noticed that one of the poppers didn't close as tightly as the others but it seemed okay. Of course, when I got it home I discovered that it pops open on every occasion! Looking at it, I've realised it's faulty - the metal is bent so it can't lock together with the other bit.😕It must have been placed by a machine as there's no way to unpick it. So I decided to sew my own popper (one that can actually be sewn on) right underneath it. I was careful that the thread didn't go all the way through so it isn't visible from the front. I found some thread and a popper, and set to work. And it worked! 🎉(I don't really know much about sewing, but I am very determined!) From the front, it looks the same. But inside my second popper is doing the work of the faulty one. I bet that was why this shirt was donated to the charity shop- it doesn't even looked used. Now it gets a long and lovely life with me :) 😉
- treadingmyownpath@comingtozero is that a saying?! I like it!
- treadingmyownpath@flemme_a_lunettes oooh I'm still wearing it! (The grin I mean!) 😎
- coupon_cutie_momThat makes all the difference in caring for our earth
- comingtozero@treadingmyownpath haha I think the official version I couldn't recall earlier is 'make do and mind' but I like my take on it...am I onto somehing? 😏
- eatingabookAwesome! The shirt looks worth it :) very soft and comfy looking
- tgi_11Good thinking. Well done.
- exit_the_crowdWell done 👍
- ramblereadyCool! I'm really inspired by the visible mending movement. Dispensing with the idea that thread must match or be invisible feels really liberating, & patches are the ultimate in re-use.
- thetravellingpigeonWell done!!
- treadingmyownpath@comingtozero for sure!
- treadingmyownpath@eatingabook it is. Hopefully it will last a long time 😊
- treadingmyownpath@tgi_11 zero waste brings out all kinds of problem-solving creativeness!
- treadingmyownpath@rambleready me too! I patched up some trousers across the bum with that had ripped with sashiko mending, I loved the look. But they have since pretty much disintegrated 😕
- stephanieokayI love that you call them "poppers." We call them "snaps." 😁
- treadingmyownpath@stephanieokay snaps?! That's funny 😂
Log in to like or comment.