sarahmaewritesOkay. I did it. I bit the bullet and bought a gym membership.
Let me tell you why.
I was there the other day and met with a trainer (free with visit) so she could show me how to use the machines. We get to the bicep machine and she says, "Let's try 10 pounds." No sweat, I think. I put my hands on the bars and start to pull but nothing happens. I try again. No go. I couldn't do it. She gives me a look. Then she takes ALL the weight off, we're talking 0 pounds, and, you guys, I COULDN'T LIFT IT. 😂 And now you know why I'm going to keep going to the gym. 💪🏻#weak #LazyGymMom #gymmotivation
- therustysopranoSolidarity, Mama ✊🏻😂
- justplainbethI'm right there with you
- alisonadams4Cracked me up when you talked about this on instagram story or whatever it is. 😂
- alisonadams4Also, what was her response to not lifting the 0 poundage?
- sarahmaewrites@Alisonadams4 She was like, "maybe something is wrong with the machine. Let's move on." 😂🤣🙈
- alisonadams4@sarahmaewrites too funny!! 😜
- thehomelearnerI'm curious to know how athletic you were growing up. I wasn't at all and I'm finding it nearly impossible to get motivated for mom-exercise. Encouragement: welcome.
- sarahmaewrites@thehomelearner not athletic at all! I really struggle with being motivated, but I'm tired of feeling crappy and gaining weight so quickly now. I want to be stronger and healthier and fit in a bathing suit comfortably. 😊
- thehomelearnerThen I shall take your example as all the encouragement I need! I hope your rewards are bountiful!
- jncutrightI've been at my Bootcamp gym for over 1 year now and let me tell you ladies, my biggest motivation is results. Work hard those first few weeks, see the results and let it fuel you. But don't look at the scale! Measure every part of your body, measure every 2 weeks, and watch what happens. The scale might not budge or it may even go up..... But pay attention to how your clothes fit, how much easier it is to get up in the morning, the motivation to make better food choices, even your mood!
- jncutrightAnd I'm a mom of 2 young girls, and pregnant with my third. 😍 Every day is hard..... And I fail a lot. But I've kept it going for over a year now and feel great.
- balmengorDo it. Get 💪🏻. You'll love it. I love lifting weights and never thought I'd say that. But, when taught well how to do it, it's so gratifying.
- kandacenoelleYou're doing it!!! With snow on the ground, no less! Kudos and applause to you, sister!! Cold is a big de-motivator for me 😣😭💪👊👏
- amypboydLol !!! The reason you gave for joining the gym is the same reason I gave to purchase #21dayfix and workout at home. ⬇️80 pounds 😀
Log in to like or comment.