carriehensley_comRecipe: Kale & Quinoa Salad 🥗 -------------------------------
While the east coast got another blizzard this week, we are reaching the 90s. When it gets this hot, all I want is salad & juice. This is one of my all-time favorite salads.
* 1 cup quinoa I used a combo of red and white quinoa, rinsed very well
* 2 cups vegetable broth
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
* 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
* 1 teaspoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed
* 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder or other pure chile powder, not a blend
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder or to taste
* 1/2 tsp salt optional, or to taste
* 4-6 cups chopped kale leaves about 4-5 ounces
* 1 15-ounce can black beans about 1 1/2 cups, rinsed and drained
* 1/2 cup grated carrot
* 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
* 1 avocado optional, sliced or cubed
* additional lemon juice and seasonings to taste
1. Heat a saucepan. Add the rinsed and drained quinoa and the garlic and toast it until almost dry. Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, make the dressing in a small bowl or measuring cup: whisk together the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons broth, chia/flax seeds, chile powders, cumin, and salt. Allow to stand until the chia seeds start to thicken the dressing.
3. Place the kale in a large serving bowl. Add half of the dressing and massage it into the kale using a wringing motion until the kale is very tender. Two minutes of massaging should do it, but the longer, the better. Add the quinoa, black beans, carrot, and bell pepper, along with the remaining dressing. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- erindiangelisI want to make this! Thanks!
- eatsupernolahealthy healthy!!!
- joselynmartinezI need help with this. Lol. Kale and I haven't become friends.
- carriehensley_com@erindiangelis it is sooooooooooo good 😊
- carriehensley_com@eatsupernola 😁
- carriehensley_com@scottkato 🙏🏾
- carriehensley_com@joselynmartinez lol 😂it's all in the marinating of the kale- at least 2 minutes 😉
- kahara_bokudenNom Nom
- carriehensley_com@kahara_bokuden yes!!!
- carriehensley_com@memoringaforlife ❤️
- lynareantoinetteOh I have to do this!
- alivcoachingOmg, I want this right now!
- carriehensley_com@lynareantoinette I think you will love it 😍
- carriehensley_com@applant_ ❤️🙏🏾
- carriehensley_com@alivcoaching delicious!!!
- carriehensley_com@freerangefemale Thank you 😊
- kombuchazestLike it!
Log in to like or comment.