hannahkatherinewThere is a whole lot of ugly in my daily life. Physical ugly, like spit up on every item of clothing, disgusting diapers that must be changed as Henry tries his hardest to kick them off the table, wrinkles that are borrowing into my forehead, and constant mess that I just can't beat back. There's emotional ugly too, like the temper I can't always hold at bay, the commitments I fail to keep, the pettiness and jealousy and frustration that I so often let win. I know it's easy to let this app lend itself to overly curated and fake moments, self comparison and dissatisfaction. But I also love how it trains me to see beauty in my everyday. Physical beauty, like matching wellies and tables set in sunny windows, but also greater things of loveliness. Friends to share in daily walks. Meaningful conversation and baby giggles. Promises of spring mixed with reminders of winter's calm.
Here's to beauty that makes us forget the ugly.
Unrelated side note: we renamed that giraffe Carl. I have no clue why or how, but in a world of Sophie's, Henry has Carl. 🤔I will also not tell you how many times Henry has thrown it out of the stroller and I have run over it... only to hand it straight back, and in the mouth it goes.
- lizjwhyteI really think Karl should be spelled with a K. He just strikes me as a K guy.
- sophiacdonohoeThank you for renaming your Sophie. The number of times I have thought someone is talking to me and they are referencing the giraffe... 😂
- joyinthesmallthingsHe definitely looks like a Karl.
- rdaphne.rOurs is named Jerry. 😄
- abby.hummelall our toys are just named their species. I can't get the kids to name anything. We have Dolly (doll that looks like little girl), bear, doggy, daddy deer, baby (doll that looks like a baby)... we don't have a Sophie but her name would be "girf" at our house! 😂
- jcrkellyWe went with the 5-10 second rule (depending on how fast I could get to it) 😏
- married.to.restorationYes yes 💟
- email@example.com 😂😂😂🤔👍
- hannahkatherinew@lizjwhyte you know, I think you're right! I'm so used to referring to Karl, but I hadn't written it before.
Log in to like or comment.