meredithtestedDish soap is a topic that surprisingly comes up a lot for me. 😂 We fill up our own jar or bottle of biodegradable, eco-friendly dish soap concentrate at a local natural foods store. We put a tablespoon or two mixed with distilled water into a foaming pump. Other options are to get a big container of dish soap or something like Sal Suds by @drbronner. You'll end up with some packaging but the packaging to product ratio should be pretty low, especially if you're careful to not over use the product, or you dilute it in a pump like we do. A little will end up going a long way! There are also lots of DIY recipes out there but the ingredient combination that works tends to depend on the type of water you have and other factors. Just note that if you do go with a big container of dish soap from the store, beware of even "green" brands using not-so-great ingredients. Greenwashing runs rampant with household cleaners unfortunately 😒. Check out the guides to safe dish soap on GimmeTheGoodStuff.org. What do you use for dish soap? Oh and yes thats a @moderntwiststudio @stasherbag hanging to dry in the background ☺👍🏼#cleaningtips #kitchentips #frugalhome #slowhome #minimalist
- mindfulmommaThanks for the great ideas!
- adobebeefarm@meredithtested where did you find a glass foaming soap container? I've only ever seen plastic!
- laura.ysgGreat tips!
- stasherbagWe do that with our bags too 😂
- meredithtested@adobebeefarm We have two glass ones that we've had for years. One's from TJMaxx (random, I know!) and the other is from a local kitchen store. I've seen them online too!
- skipthebagIt's nice that you can buy package free liquids. I'm jealous!
- andrea_goroHey, I'm so happy I found this Instagram profile. Following you from Spain!
- meredithtested@skipthebag I feel lucky! ☺
- meredithtested@andrea_goro Hello! Hola!
- ellieworldwidePretty cool
- spoonfulofninaI love seeing how people without dishwashers dry their @stasherbag I put mine on top of the olive oil bottle haha
- morgannnashleyDo you purchase your distilled water by the gallon? I'm currently using method hand soap and am mixing with just normal tap water, but would like to try something that would last longer and is more eco-friendly, such as Castile soap.
- britstrawbridgeThis ❤
- smilesfor__milesI used to use seventh generation, but I heard they got bought by a large corp. so I don't really want to support that (plus I'll be honest I don't know if they are actually environmentally conscious). I only just found a store here in HI that carries seventh gen!
- choosetobeactiveCheck my page !
- meredithtested@morgannnashley I actually just boil and cool my tap water! You could just use regular tap but after a while it could get kind of mildew-y depending on your water. Yes I use castile diluted for hand soap - works well!
- morgannnashleyAwesome! I tend to be a little OCD and wash my hands a lot, so I don't think that it would have time to go bad, haha. Thanks for the tip!
- stevieyaaaay!!! 🙏🏾⚡️
- whencaterpillarsflyI ran out of natural soap this week (not sure how....) and resorted to an old bottle of Dawn. Blech. lol
- greentalkGood ideas!
Log in to like or comment.