erickaecklesYay, the stranded colourwork fingerless mitts are all finished, washed and blocked and are being worn as I type as it's a cold hand day...They're super warm and toasty as they were knitted in a dk weight yarn, and I just love them to bits. I tinkered a little with the pattern casting off around the fingers in a 2x2 rib and then picking up stitches at the side to add little thumbs......I can't wait to have more stranded colourwork knitting adventures..... Next up will be the sheepy Droving socks which @buttercupandbee bought me for my birthday (I have some undyed Blacker Classic set aside for those)...but first I need to finish some wips for #lentenwipdown..Many thank yous to Becky @norfolk_yarn for teaching the class on Saturday.... #learninganewtechnique #festivalathome #strandedcolourwork #knittersofinstagram #goodbyecoldhands
- erickaeckles@knitsonik thank you, hope to be able to do one of your workshops if you are teaching this year 😊
- erickaeckles@wolndraad thank you, I'm really pleased with them 😊
- erickaeckles@parental_figure thank you, I know exactly what you mean about it feeling intimidating but that's just before trying it, like riding a bike, wobbly at first and then where it's so much fun..I thoroughly recommend doing a class, and my secret weapon to trying anything new.... Werther's Originals....They always stop me feeling stressed 😊
- erickaeckles@sarahnorthchild thank you, currently eyeing up your jumpers...Big girl sizes needed please ❤❤
- erickaeckles@buttercupandbee thank you, I'm having to be good and not start the droving socks now 😊
- sarah.the.makerThey are beautiful 👏🏻
- erickaeckles@sarah_b_sparkles thank you,. I'd like to use this palette with some Shetland 4ply 😊
- erickaeckles@massivelorri thank you (think we know what Nicky will get for Christmas '17, though I'm still finishing her present from this year 😳)
- 01stumpyThey're fabulous!
- erickaeckles@01stumpy thank you.... Meant to type "wheeee it's so much fun"
- neuroticpandoraThey are amazing!! And perfect 👌!
- sallyjanesimonsI love your colours for these gloves!
- erickaeckles@neuroticpandora 😊 I'm all blushing now, and huge thank you for the thumb advice xx
- erickaeckles@sallyjanesimons thank you, I'm not particularly keen on this yarn but the range of colours were nice 😊
- neuroticpandoraYou are very welcome, I'm glad to have been of help 😊. The thumbs look like they worked out great. x
- parental_figure@erickaeckles I will take your advice on the class and the Werther's - laughing - my type of solution!
- erickaeckles@parental_figure yay, everyone laughs when I tell them my "secret weapon" and straight away then feel more relaxed which is sort of the point.... 😊🍬🍬
- erickaeckles@gingerhobbit5 thank you 😊
Log in to like or comment.