phil._.bQuirky house, with black mathematical tiles at the front.
#nofilter #lewes #eastsussex #ig_sussex
#englishtown #building #quirky #mathematicaltiles
- innerstringsIs it renovated yet, I wonder?
- phil._.b@innerstrings I think it continues to be a 'work in progress'.
- innerstrings@phil._.b That was it's status when I moved to Lewes 21 years ago.
- innerstringsLovely house, though you'd need to be deaf to live there.
- leah_singsWhat makes the tiles mathematical?
- phil._.b@leah_sings I think it's because they're interlocking. They were introduced around 300 years ago to make older, timber-framed buildings look more sophisticated. They look like flat tiles, but at the back they have grooves that fit them onto a grid.
Log in to like or comment.