raisingsugarfreekidsTo all the mums facing postnatal depression out there: whether your babies are 2 weeks or 2 years or have gone home to heaven, you are not alone. PND is tough. And it's tempting to isolate yourself so as not to face others. But I have found that the greatest healing comes from being vulnerable. I am a big believer in food, friends, faith and family bringing healing, each in their own way. When I give in to sugar, the depression is worse. When I give in to isolation, it's worse. But healthy eating, creativity, prayer, and fellowship have brought me nothing but strength. Lindsay's comfort food in a bowl, this gorgeous potato soup, is nourishment for body and soul. It is foolproof - I measured nothing, but used my instinct, senses, a lot of homemade beef stock and some extra veg (sweet corn and green beans). But it turned out perfect. I feel honoured to join in the #feedingabrokenheart campaign. Whether that broken heart is yours or someone else's, show your love and encouragement and support by cooking up a storm. Food is a love language. I am sure of it. Thank you Lindsay for this beautiful idea. May the food and fellowship slowly start to ebb a little of the pain away. We served this soup with the 90-minute bread recipe on raisingsugarfreekids.com @pinchofyum #healingfoods #soup #healtheating #comfortfood
- pinchofyumThank you. ❤ this is beautiful. I'm adding it to the recipe post!
- raisingsugarfreekidsThanks Lindsay! You and Bjork remain in our prayers. 🙏❤️@pinchofyum
- thefoodbothererWhat a beautiful post 💜 @raisingsugarfreekids
- naturopathyforhealthBeautiful words @raisingsugarfreekids did you see the research in the news this week about blueberries and PND? Worth a read, can send you the link if you cant find it.
- raisingsugarfreekidsThank you @thefoodbotherer 😊 @naturopathyforhealth I haven't read that, please do send the link if you can find it - is it saying that blueberries help or make it worse?
- issanourMade my day
- raisingsugarfreekidsI'm glad to hear it @issanour!
Log in to like or comment.