alysiamontanoCheck my IG story for more on below👇🏾
Today at Gifford C. Cole Middle School in Lancaster, CA. I had the honor of sharing my career path for career day with the students. We talked about what it took to become a professional in any chosen path and the relation sports and pro athletes have to any profession. We spoke about challenges one might face in school and how asking for help to become better is also similar in sports. We talked about starting from scratch climbing up one step at a time, maybe getting a taste of triumph and facing more challenges only to do it again one more rung up and how just like in sport, that is also similar to life and other career paths. I spoke to the students about not seeing "failures" as failures, but rather a way to help them redefine their successes as they push through what might be labeled as a failure in the first place, how in that struggle of failing and seeking opportunities and ways to overcome, one likely will end up stronger, just in having to keep moving forward and let that momentum increase ultimately taking them to where they'd like to go.
Thank you for having me!!
- jessalynnbellYou are awesome!! We'd love to have you speak at my high school!!!
- notcodyhensleyThank you so much for speaking at my school! I had a great time hearing and learning to persevere and never quit but maybe get rid of some ties or people who pull you down and make you feel like you want to give up
- benitezbrian1014Thanks for all the inspiring stuff you said to us today your the best, You thought me to too keep striving for my goals no matter what
- _wyjanaaeHeyyy Alysia, Thank you for speaking with us today and telling us about your path and your professional life. I really appreciate it. You made me look at sports different. I wish you would've met this other kid because she wants to run track when she gets older but I'll share everything with her. Also thanks to you I won't see a "failure" as a failure I now see it as something I need to work on in my life. Your Father is AMAZING he's one of my role models and your lucky to have a father like that. Thanks again have a blessed day.
- sugeamommaThank you for being a positive role model for children and visiting your dads school! As a fellow educator it means A LOT!
- _jacob_1223_Thanks for all the inspirational things you told us kids today!You really showed me that I can do whatever I want as long as I put my mind to it
- itz.mark.kTHANKS ALYSIA for coming to speak to us telling us about your life and your goals and everything and it was cool and u inspired me to run faster because i wanna do track so u taught me to not doubt my self keep pushing and pushing.I also learned that you can do anything if your a boy a girl if you believe in your self.Thanks for coming means alot.
- imlilcloudaalyiahHi Alysia, thank you for coming to see you today. Thank you for sharing you career with us today. I am so thankful because you spoke to us about never giving up and succeeding for what we want in life. Thank you so much. You are such a inspirational person
- bellllaaaa.vHey Alysia, thank you so much for taking ur time out of ur day to come and tell us about u career you inspired me a lot because I am also an athlete and it makes me want to try harder because I also experienced what you have about being a girl and thank you so much for your speech I loved it!!!
- stevenchaviramAll your life you are told the things you cannot do.All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough.They will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this..............THEY WILL TELL YOU NO... A thousand times NO.Until all those NO's become meaning less....All your life they will tell YOU NO......Quiet firmly and very quickly........... 👏🏼AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES.! @alysiamontano
- 2.a_mendozaThanks so much
- undeadbeast38Thank you Alysia for coming to our school yesturday. I really enjoyed everything that you told us. You have inspired me to work hard and do best at school. I did track last year and i didnt really run fast because I got tired alot. But since u gave that speach yesturday I'm going to train harder and harder until I get 1st or at least 3rd place. Thank you alot for the speech Alyssia👊🌺
- tabovaneeI'm late but thank you for taking time out your day to come to our school and talk to us!(:
- sonamylover1234Thank you so much for visiting us and giving us helpful advice
- angelismaelmarThank you for coming you showed that not every single time in life that everything is going to be smooth thank you for coming to Cole Middle School we wish that you could come back here
- queen._.trulyThank you for coming to cole and showing us how hard you've worked. I learned that it takes more then going to school to get a good education you taught me that no matter how hard the challenge is that i could always get through it thank you so much for coming to cole it really means the world to me
- daddy_ajjHey Alysia, thank you sooooo much for coming to Cole and sharing your story with us all and u have inspired me in so many ways 💯and u have let me know tht just cuz u break and ankle doesn't mean tht it's not going heal and I thank u soo much for letting me know tht I can always get back up and work through hard times and ILY soo much for tht ✨💞
- itz_queen_kHi alysia thanks for coming to cole that day I actually sent my message in ur dms but I'm guessing u have s lot so I'm just gonna type it here I thought it was very nice how u never gave up even tho each time u kept getting last u still got to the top each time u have a very good heart and a nice mind set and when u came to talk to us today that made me realize that I shouldn't give up on what I wana be weather it's dance boxing etc we just have to keep pushing through -the girl who walked u to class
- kriscirby@alysiamontano we are very excited to have you at the Marin Teen Girl Conference on Sunday!! Hope to talk to you soon!
Log in to like or comment.