candicehuffineAn excerpt from an old notebook I found, written one year ago today and right on time.
• • • "How come when people say 'wow you look skinny' we say thank you? In my experience the times I've slimmed down the most have been preceded by stress, a break up, lack of self-care, something traumatic. How come people don't ever say 'You look so fit, 'Wow, you are so strong' or 'You run so fast and far now!'?! It's always about size, not ability and sometimes it overjoys us for someone to say we shrunk. Well, I've changed my mindset once and for all. My stomach can jiggle and roll up when I sit for all of eternity, but if I can be healthy and strong and finish this race, then I'm complete." • • •
A year later and I'm in the best shape of my life and look 👆🏼, tummy still has rolls and I feel unstoppable. There's no perfect body. The one you have right now is amazing. Let it lead you to perfect days, finish lines, happy times, and fun. Take in compliments that inspire you, and give ones that empower. And you know what, why don't you join me this Saturday at 1pm at the @NYRR Run Center and we'll continue this conversation and end with a Q+A! Link in bio 💪🏼 #strivetobemorethanskinny #BeBold #BeYOU
- afalchetti@kacievuono I love this!
- lilli3lilliYou look radiant!
- real_momma_real_lifeNever even realized this till now!!! But u are so right!! Women do this all the time! You are BEAUTIFUL BTW
- ronic_girrlThank you for saying this. It is so needed. I was anorexic for many years and got down below 89 pounds. I was a very miserable, depressed, unhealthy person. I'm at my heaviest and am much happier.
- rachelspells@mal_rusi ughhhhhh her words are AMAZING.
- hamby.garyBeautiful lady
- saki_x0x0Thank you so much for this from Japan 😭❤️💕✨‼️
- yogi_mobilAmazing! You are anwesome. We love everything about this post 💚
- curvefliploved this article!
- detroit_textiles@celialouisefitness Love her message.
- kerryleehaas@candicehuffine Thank you for posting this! I lost almost 50lbs in six months due to a health issue. I keep getting the 'skinny' , 'you've lost weight' comments and find them highly irritating. If I could trade in this health issue and eat whatever I want to and gain it all back, I would. I'm a fitness nut too but wasn't expecting to have to alter my diet for the long term. Life is too short, gals and guys. Eat what you want in moderation and exercise in moderation and just be the best you you can be. Be kind to one another above all.
- rebeck__@theclarissasmithy so inspiring!!
- lillbetThank you. My mother meant well but she was always focused on my weight. Even when I was fit! Either I need to lose or I had and needed to keep it down. Skinny is nothing, healthy is everything. 👍🏼
- marstjohnWise words!
- gee_humphreysHi, I'm a reporter for the Press Association in the UK and this is such an inspiring post. Can I use your Instagram pictures in a story? Will be sure to credit you, and you will still own the copyright. And, if you'd be interested at all in answering a few questions, I'd love to chat - drop me an e-mail at email@example.com. Thanks!
- makeupbymissitaI love this 😭💜
Log in to like or comment.