emily_bluecorduroyMy girls are always asking me "what are we going to do today?". And I originally heard that questions as "how are you going to entertain us today?". And it put all kinds of pressure on me. Finally, years ago, we had a talk about that question and they explained to me that they just like knowing what to plan for in their day, and of course! Don't we all! And they also said they often prefer the days with no plans so they can fill the time with their own ideas. Whew! What a game changer that was!
- emily_bluecorduroy#homeschoolingbyheart #wildandfreechildren #wildexplorersclub #familynatureclub #familytrails #mywild #beautifullososos #backbaycafe #generationoutdoorexplore
- marcamesseThat is good stuff. Great insight.
- soupgangstaAhhhh. Communication. 🖒
- mamahannahYes, this is such a good reminder! My kids ask the same question often!
- richardsfamilyschoolhouseAhhhh this is such a good post, my kids ask the same thing and I feel that pressure. You have totally changed my perspective, thank you!
- jennypresentLove your account! 😄
- emily_bluecorduroy@marcamesse thanks Marc. After all these years, I still have to remember not to assume anything 😀
- emily_bluecorduroy@soupgangsta I'm still learning!🙋🏼
- emily_bluecorduroy@mamahannah I'd love to hear what your kids say they mean by it!
- emily_bluecorduroy@richardsfamilyschoolhouse awesome! The same thing happened last year about birthday expectations. When I sat and actually asked what they expected from me it was way less than I thought! Whew!
- emily_bluecorduroy@jennypresent thanks Jenny!
- mamahannah@emily_bluecorduroy they all agreed they just like to know ahead of time, so they can be prepared for the day. They also said they hope I will say we are getting together with friends or going on a fun outing 😊
- emily_bluecorduroy@mamahannah that's awesome! Mine also love friend time and fun outings! Something exciting to look forward too. ✨
- wholelifewithamyYou are such a good mama. FIrst I was inspired by you on IG. Then. I got to spend time in your space and know your heart. I am so blessed! Also...can I have some pics from that day? xoxo
Log in to like or comment.