erintelford__THE DAY I BECAME 'ENOUGH' :: I finally realized I was “enough” on October 22, 2016. I was standing in a circle around a fire on retreat with my teacher David. Two days before I had felt a rush of shame come through my body. The mean voice in my head that criticizes and judges me was strong. I called myself out. I admitted to everyone in the group that I was feeling small and comparing myself. It felt good to say it out loud.
We were offering prayers to loved ones of people in the group who were really sick or struggling or who had died. Sprinkling sage, tobacco, corn, rose petals, pinon needles and other offerings to the Earth on the fire. As I was listening to fellow friends and seekers talk about two-year-old nephews with terminal illnesses, sisters with brain cancer, and friends who died too young, a piece of my healing clicked in. “Who the f*ck are you to not be good enough? (this is the voice of my encouraging inner football coach talking!) People have terminal diseases and you in your healthy body with your bright mind and all of your skills aren’t good enough? What?!” I was actually appalled with myself. That I had created this tiny cage and put myself in it. In that moment, it felt like blasphemy to have ever put myself down. To have ever disregarded myself or disrespected my life. And just like that, good enough was locked in. It only took me 41 years to do it. I’ve gone at this one hard in about a bazillion different ways. It all mattered and it all added up to this moment. Now, I can’t even remember why I wasn’t good enough. Something about the color of my teeth or the lack of muscle tone in my thighs or how much I sit around when I should be doing something. Read the first at the link in my profile 💗
- erintelford__@juliebeckertattoo You are awesome. I will be in JT 4/24-27. It's my first vacation this year so I'm not making any plans or promises. Send me an email though and if it the time is right, we can get together ✌🏻
- erintelford__@bailaveronica my pleasure. Happy it was well received 💗
- erintelford__@plantsandmagic So exhausting.
- erintelford__@sacredebbandflow I wish you grace ✨
- erintelford__@shamitab I'm happy my words are helping. There's a whole bunch of stuff on my site that might help too. Keep going. Lots of love ❤️
- erintelford__@stoneflowerhealing So Bright!
- mchevalierThank you for sharing Erin! My heart is hugging you ✨❤️✨
- erintelford__@mchevalier your heart feels great!
- gabygabgabWhat a beautiful gift. See you soon!
- arlened212Epic epic epic.
- erintelford__@gabygabgab thank you! When am I see you??
- alexus.gordonThank you @erintelford__ & @k8e_k
- redcosmicearthErrrriiiiinnnnn thank you thank you thank you for your strength and your love❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I love your voice and your smile and and your energy, I always go to your page when I'm feeling like I need inspiration🔥🌹🌊🌈✨
- paiigecatherineI just had this moment a half hour ago. Amazing when something snaps you out of the bullshit
- erintelford__@paiigecatherine 🙌🏻
- acornsfallingupwardAppreciate the example of the Healing Intention that you are living and bringing to others!!!!
- erintelford__@acornsfallingupward thank you so much for your sweet words and support!
- lauraleinweberGreat post and message Erin! ❤
Log in to like or comment.