running_onhappy"My whole feeling in terms of racing is that you have to be very bold. You sometimes have to be aggressive and gamble." -Bill Rodgers⠀
Truth. You have to be bold in racing. But not during training. Training runs are 90% of the race experience and if you don't do them within your limits, you can't reach your full potential as a runner. A lot of runners run their training runs too fast and don't stay in their zone. ⠀
What's one way to ensure you stay in your zone? Run with friends! Sometimes the weather will keep you inside, but there are a million reasons why running with a buddy is great for morale and training. Check out my blog post today on 6 reasons why running with friends is amazing. Clickable link 🔗 in profile. 🤙
- debrunsfitI love running with my friends, and they definitely push me when I need pushing and keep me on pace on days I'm feeling speedy! 😍
- dancingtorunning@running_onhappy my first marathon! Can't wait to run Chicago in Oct!
- the_suzlyfeHonestly, I've been chilling in my comfort zone (when I can run). It's been a while since I've pushed it
- healthyhelperLove this!!
- rundefinitelyPreach sister!
- sarainnovemberThat's true It's important to have a balance of paces when training. If you run too fast, you risk burn out and injury. If you run too slow all the time, you never get out of your comfort zone and may have trouble getting quicker.
- enjoyingthecourseI like this! Be bold in racing, but not necessarily in training. Great advice.
- marathonsandmotivationI love that quote, awesome!
- coachdebbierunsI love (and miss) running with friends!
- runningaroundtheboyzLook at those strong legs! 👊🏻
- milebymileblogIt can definitely be tough to not push too hard in training!
- deborahbrooks14Good advice!!
- fitfulfocusWords of wisdom!
- missittiebittieI agree! I enjoy running with a buddy!
- junkfoodrunnersI think there's definitely a place for running with friends and for running alone, depending on your personality. Sometimes running with friend can push me too fast because I don't want to "look bad" in front of others. ;)
- fitfamhq👊 #FitFamFistBump
- wendyistakingthelongwayhomeI'm bringing bold back!
- runninglovinglivingI love running with friends!
- runswithpugsGreat tips!
Log in to like or comment.