thecitysidewalksYou walk by these types of doors all the time in Charleston, but do you actually know what it's for? This is a Privacy Door, built to provide privacy for the residence inside from the people on the street. It was customary to leave it open or closed depending on if you were open to having visitors in your home. And that slanted floor just above it on the deck? That's not just because the house is old! Charleston sees a lot of rain through the year and it was purposely built that way to drive the rain down off of the terrace floor so it wouldn't puddle up. Crafty engineering! // Check out my full Charleston Travel Guide on the blog now to see where you can eat, sleep, and play on any budget! www.thecitysidewalks.com
- investor_va_services🚀 🚀 🚀
- jony.tonesLove your style! Super inspiring!
- mysuitcasejourneysDidn't know there was such a story behind these cute doors!
- livingafitlifeSuper cool!
- downtownfoxInteresting never knew!
- buenaonda_holidays~ Buena Onda
- straightpixThis is great :)
- hannahgabriellemoreBeautiful 🌸
- lifebytwoblogoh wow!
- thecitysidewalks@exploringberry yes you will!! It's sooo cute :)
- thecitysidewalks@mayandtravel thanks lovely!
- thecitysidewalks@picturesandwordsblog definitely add it to your list !
- email@example.com haha right?! So interesting to learn.
- thecitysidewalks@wellenlaeuferin it is!! You should totally add it to your travel list
- firstname.lastname@example.org thank you!
- thecitysidewalks@mysuitcasejourneys me neither! It was so cool to learn
- chloepalladinoreGreat ig account 😀
- sam_wanderlustThis looks so so pretty! Love it 😍
Log in to like or comment.