funcheaporfreeAs part of my 1/3 life crisis/self-discovery/reflection-ness of late, I've been trying to pay attention to what my TRUE priorities are. Not just "laundry THEN dishes..." but making sure my priorities are
3) My kids
4) whatever else.
Today Priya asked me 8,000 times to curl her hair so she could play cheerleader. I found myself with 8,001 excuses and finally reassessed and realized spending that time with her was more important than steaming my floors or editing a video that's due tonight (😬). Took 10 minutes all-in, and was fun to chat about her day and see how happy she was. I encourage you all to write out your priorities as well, as it's been helping me live with more purpose day to day , and learn to let go of the shtuff that just doesn't really matter✌🏻. #LikeMyWrinklyShirt😅 #LookAtMeGo #LoveLovePeaceAndStuff #FreebsFoodForThought #PScomeOnTheCruiseWithMe! #SeeMyLastPost #SideshowBobHair
- ballgirljkj😊 love this. My daughter is 12 and she's my everything. I used to stress about laundry and dust and well, all of it. Until I realized that my (once) 4 year old, was now turning 12 in what seemed to be weeks. The lightbulb went on, and at that moment I knew I needed to open my eyes; no matter if the laundry room was exploding! Our favorite'girl-time' is when I straighten her hair (which takes about an hour with her thick long locks!!?) and listen to her talk school/volleyball/boy stuff ☺️Just the two of us. Thanks for being real and spreading your life lessons with all of us!
- sarbrowne27Such a good reminder! I struggle with this daily
- carolinarl100I try some times it's hard though but not impossible 🥊
- salteddesignstudioObvi bc you're the best!
- marandaw7Love this!!! So true!!!
- mb287Good post. 😘 I need my priories revamped!
- mslexapexI've been learning to live with the twitch that happens when the house is not spotless and give my daughter more time where I'm fully present. All the stuff won't matter but memories will.
- jenny_king4Cutest Cougarette ever!!
- kaewams89Um I absolutely love you!! I so needed a reminder like this today. With a baby that got shots yesterday I haven't got much done and I kept thinking of my to do list...and well my priorities were all sorts of messed up. 😞 And I love how Bubba comes before kids....That is one thing I really need help with. My poor hubby always feels like he gets what's left at the end of the day..And well it's not much.
- kariholtAnd she cheers for the right team 🙌🏼💙
- amwittryLove you for keeping it real! We all have times that are a struggle and I appreciate you for revealing it to us even though you didn't have to. You are amazing!
- samzman9Love this! But you should also add yourself to this list. You can't pour into your husband and children if your not taking care of yourself so make sure you add yourself to the list!!
- soosheemamaSuch a good reminder! Love it!
- britaneejeanYou're such a good mom and wife! I've been trying to be better about this too and it's amazing how a small thing like that makes a big difference in our families.
- rachelthompsen"1/3 self discovery" is that energy profiling? With your beautiful edgy voice, natural confidence, fancy but practical clothing style, looking for deals, and practicality overall, id say your a type 3! Love it! Enjoy!!😘 (I'm 1/4) #dressingyourtruth #energyprofiling
- funcheaporfree@rachelthompsen haha nope I have no idea what you're talking about! 🤣meaning some people say "mid-life crisis" but I'm only 1/3 through my life so it's my 1/3 life crisis 🤣❤️❤️
- rachelthompsen@funcheaporfree gotcha! Well energy profiling (knowing you and all your family members toys) would be an easy step to getting through the last 2/3s! 😆😘😍good luck😘👍🏻
- rachelthompsenTypes* not toys 😝
- coliesings@funcheaporfree Jordan i love this! My daughter 15 (and much taller than me) but she still likes it when I blow dry her hair! I put it on low so we can talk and I stand on a stool and go to work! Her hair is so long and thick it takes forever.....which I secretly love! I wish this never had to stop! 💗💗💗
- _kelly_jeanShe looks so happy! Miss Priya Jean! 💕
Log in to like or comment.