creating.beautifullyWell, well. This quote from one of the most amazing creative coaches of all time just slapped me in the face! ⠀
Because, I'll admit it... I've been in a creative slump lately. And it feels like every time I actually DO sit down to paint or draw, it's all garbage. So that just adds to my anxiety about making art, so I frequently avoid it. #nobueno ⠀
So I've been reading @thejealouscurator's book "Your Inner Critic Is A Big Jerk" (and it's sooo good!) But I'm curious... What do YOU do when you're feeling blocked?⠀
- creating.beautifully. .
#creatingbeautifully #theunlimitedcreative #creativepreneur #creativityfound #creativewomen #dowhatyoulove #livecreatively #communityovercompetition #peoplescreatives #liveauthentic #etsy #makeitblissful #thenativecreative #illustrator #carveouttimeforart #creativeprocess #choosemust #watercolor #findyourflock #alifeofintention #creativechics #mycreativebiz #thatauthenticfeeling #heartspace #risingtidesociety #choosejoy #daringgreatly #theimperfectboss
- artbyashutahSo true.
- anyweaselI usually clean the bathroom, then the kitchen, mow the lawn... and do anything but actually sitting at my desk and working past the rubbishy rusty-me work to get to the good stuff. Think I might take a look at that @thejealouscurator book!
- recyclesisterThat's me
- janaqgordonI will usually move my computer in a different room or outside. Just to make it a little more interesting!
- rmirolloI dream about what I want to create until I feel courageous enough (and inspired enough) to manifest my imagination.
- suzbee_designsWow I love this quote and your commentary on it! I need to read that book as well 😄 When I feel blocked, a few things help me - coffee or tea, buying new supplies that make me excited about creating something, creating whatever I feel most passionate about (regardless of whether I think someone else wants to buy it - if I want to buy it, then it excites me and will make others feel that energy), and also looking through my old work or travel photos 🤗
- ramsgirldesignI try to find inspiration on instagram, magazines, fave websites. I look to different creatives that I admire. And if nothing else, I knit washcloths because they are quick and my favorite, so at least I am being productive!
- ninataillesHaha, pretty spot on! I would add "if we sit down to work and fail". I usually go for a run, do some yoga, take my head off work, go out and then remind myself that it's a constant try&error and it'll before I next time sit in front of the computer. Thanks for sharing this!
- ninatailles*and it's ok
- bysally85I reconnect with myself 🌟
- lynnwhippleMove my hands.. a list, a note for someone.... just scribble, then it begins 😊💚
- margaret.makesI step back and rest! 😊
- donna_angelo.33I usually have too much to drink,lol😆😆😆
- sara_lhani_queLove ✨
- dirtygirlfarmInspiring! Perfect quote to start off the week.
Log in to like or comment.