whitegumwoolOfficially the first day of lambing, though no babies yet. This gal is certainly close! It feels very strange to in shirtsleeves and worrying about the ewes being too hot! Lovely, though, not to be dreading the late winter storms of spring lambing here. #wgwshepherding
- pickleandcofibresHow exciting!
- sophy0075That ewe looks to my highly untrained eye to be bagging up.
- droverandclasserCan't wait to see your newborn shot!
- vanawillemielOh they lamb in autumn in Australia ?!
- gnotukShe has certainly bagged up well😀
- modicum1Its exciting but nerve wracking I'm sure .
- craftyyellowbirdI feel for her poor love
- whitegumwool@vanawillemiel Most people lamb in spring in Australia. I'm trying an experiment to see if I can reduce lamb mortality caused by exposure to rough weather in spring by lambing in the more settled autumn months here.
- vanawillemiel@whitegumwool how interesting! So do they come into heat at specific time, or can that be changed? Or is it just you put a ram with them whenever suits?
- rossgarlicExciting you may end up with a snow storm of babies! Could not wish for milder weather for lambing
Log in to like or comment.