artbarbloga little egg marbleizing on this snow day! we tried the nail polish method. definitely something that takes some learning, there is a technique. i thought it would be easy but it's kind of hard. but i love even the messed-up ones. and we blew out the eggs beforehand so we can keep these forever! 💕
- artbarblog@handywithscissors yeah, nail polish is kind of nasty. would be good to wear a mask 😷!
- artbarblog@andreapietragallo so hard, right? i always think anything will be easy because, well i am a handy girl. but this was a bit frustrating 😕
- kinderkornerThey are absolutely beautiful!♥
- artpantryIt does look hard, but so pretty!
- hatchartstudioLove them!!
- snake_and_scavengerAny hints or tips? Would love to give it a try @artbarblog 🐣
- artbarblog@snake_and_scavenger yes, my tip would be to fully submerge the egg rather than roll it through the nail polish. you can pick up more of the marbleized colors on the way back up and cover any open parts. this will become clear to you once you do it, it sounds a little abstract just writing it. also, the nail polish dries fast, so work fast. and rubber gloves if you have them because your fingers will get covered. oh, and brown eggs!! 👍🏼 good luck!
- purpletwigI agree I found this nail polish marbleizing difficult as well when we tried it on paper. But the effects are gorgeous. Maybe I'll try eggs this year.
- snake_and_scavengerAwesome @artbarblog thank you so much xx
- creatingcreativesYes!!! Blowing eggs! 👌🏼 I remember doing that with my mum when I was little, I just loved it 💕
- make_it_your_own_They create a dreamy, space-y feel to them!
- artbarblog@handywithscissors it smells like a nail salon! if you do do it, read my comment above for some tips. i'm too lazy to rewrite them 😋
- artbarblog@handywithscissors ha! i just realized i already replied to you. i guess i'm not so lazy after all 😆
- artbarblog@make_it_your_own_ they yes! like the milky way ✨
- artbarblog@creatingcreatives i think the last time i did it was when i was little, too. vague memories.
- artbarblog@purpletwig interesting you tried in paper. i would think that would be easy! the one trick with the eggs is that you have to figure out how to get the polish to cover the whole surface. it's like a blanket, and it dries really quickly. was that the issue with the paper? we finally found the best way was by fully submerging the egg.
- cara.raisingkinleyI've been wanting to try this! Your eggs are beautiful 😍
- hellowonderful_coI've tried it on vases and it's def hard! Your eggs turned out beautiful and well worth the effort 💕💕
- artbarblog@hellowonderful_co i think in my mind i thought that rolling the egg across the surface would be easier than it actually is. i bet the bases were pretty, though 👍🏼
Log in to like or comment.