toolcraveHow important is this badge to you? #madeinusa #madeinamerica #america #usa #🇺🇸
- osufan8719Pretty important one of the first things I look for
- yeahthatryanMeh...nice but it won't make or break what I buy. Manufacturing just isn't a big part of our economy anymore. We really shouldn't insist that it still be, anymore than we should insist that the fur trade or newspapers remain. Its partially global materials anyway, should say "assembled in the USA"
- lightningz04Means a lot to me, one of the first thing I look for. It's hard to stick too, but I do my best. @toolcrave
- bill_buildsOne of the reasons I seek out and use #vintagepowertools... they're made here and #madetolast. My Companion drill press was manufactured in 1938,my DeWalt radial arm saw was made in 1956, a Craftsman 6" planer made in the 1950s... all made in the US and all working as good as the day they were made.
- nestcontracting"Made in Germany" over all 💪
- 04fumminsAlways look at that to make my decision!
- cashishiftI try very hard to buy made in USA... frustrating when you hear of small town plants closing and folks losing jobs. If I can't find it made in USA I look for Germany
- tradesman89All about Made in the USA tools!🇺🇸
- sticksnsteel@bill_builds I think that has more to do with "when" they were made and not "where" they were made. I bought a Delta tablesaw because it had this sticker. It came without the "special nut" so the blade kept scooting to the left a hair every time I turned it on. The laminate job on the fence was crap and the side table looked like a highschool shop project by the kid who cared the least. I also bought a Toyota Tundra that was made in a plant in America, the frame rusted straight through, they had a recall on it. Americans need jobs but being "Made in America" doesn't necessarily mean quality anymore unfortunately.
- sticksnsteel@nestcontracting They make some crap too. They just don't bother shipping it to N.A. 😉
- darts_plagueis_thewiseI look for made in australia primarily, but thats extremely narrow for tools, so i settle for made in germany or japan.
- bill_builds@sticksnsteel I will concede to your point on that, "when" it was made is probably the bigger factor...
- sticksnsteel@bill_builds Thanks. Those (albeit true) were late night/early morning ramblings of a parent of a sick 2 year old. I think they may have come across harsher than intended. 😬😂
- bill_builds@sticksnsteel No offense taken, your point is valid and the more I thought about it the more I agreed with it. 🙂 Hope your child feels better!
- d_leeeeeeIt would be way better if it was UL certified and not Intertek...
Log in to like or comment.