underthesycamoreToday I realized my Bible was among all the things stolen. In comparison to the other things taken, it's monetary value is insignificant, but in terms of personal value, it is the greatest loss. Years of notes, prayers for my kids, records of answered prayer and struggles in its pages. That is a hard loss. On the bright side, I pulled out my Bible from high school today. I read my old notes, remembered life as a teen, and smiled at the goodness of God's faithfulness. It is well with my soul.
- megangolden16Oh Ashley my heart aches for you. There has got to be meaning in this... he wouldn't have let that happen if there wasn't. Maybe it will land in the hands of someone who needs it.. or maybe starting a new one will bring some kind of fresh new beginning for you. I'm just so glad you're all safe.
- yoga_stewardMaybe the person who stole it needed it more. Hopefully they'll read it...🙌🏽🙏🏽
- hollynelsonOh no. Our van was broken into a day after we came home with our fourth son. Christmas presents stolen...and my Bible!! I was devastated! But a few days later my church called and said someone called it in. An old Jewish couple found it in top of their trash can. So she saw inside my Name and Bellevue Baptist papers. They apparently argued about even trying to find the owner, the lady won, and I'm glad she did. Praying for a similar outcome for you. But if not. God is still Good. All the time. ❤😊
- sadeeschillingSo sorry to hear of the break-in and all your losses, especially your Bible! A friend of mine recently found a box of cds at an antique mall in CO that were stolen from his car in OK 20 years ago. Our God is a God who restores--praying your family feels His restoration in some way!
- coconutkrisSo sorry for your loss. In
- dinosandbunniesSo very sorry... it's often the non-monetary items whose loss is the hardest to bear.
- noriann73I'm so sorry! I pray that the Lord returns it to you. In college, my book bag was stolen from outside the bookstore. It contained my Bible. I was grieved by the loss for the reasons you mentioned. Weeks later, I received a phone call from someone who wanted to meet. It was a lady who stopped on the side of a busy freeway because a glimmer caught her eye. It was the gold leaf siding of my Bible!!!
- lifeasyouliveit😱 nooooooooooo! You're so right about everything you said, but it's extra bothersome because you know they didn't steal it because they were going to do anything with it. You can't sell someone's worn out bible to anyone, can't pawn it off, can't trade it...but! We can pray that perhaps, just maybe, the culprits would get curious and pop it open, getting glimpses of the word of God and reflections of who He is in the handwritten notes you lovingly jotted down. Feeling your pain but knowing God can do amazing things with seemingly unexplainable situations. 💚
- raneebrokawI appreciate your perspective so much. And I'm so sorry about your Bible! 😘
- tiffcru<3 Praying God will speak to the person who commited the theft. May this turn around his or her life in the long-run-- imagine learning of that Someday~~ <3 <3 ~
- klynnhoweOh no. I am sorry about your Bible. I am heartbroken for your loss. BUT our God is the God of the miraculous and I'm going to pray He orchestrates its return.
- maverickmom4I pray that God speaks to them through the notes in the margins...who knows maybe this is what it takes to change their life...God's word does not return void
- underthesycamore@noriann73 that is amazing!!
- underthesycamore@sadeeschilling what?! I can't imagine how shocked he must have been!!
- underthesycamore@hollynelson I'm so glad she won that argument!!
- sadeeschilling@underthesycamore He was! They talked to the store manager who was also shocked and let them take the box of cds home at no cost. The restoration was even more poignant because he was going through a rough time then. God showed him how much He cares about all the little details of our lives!
- ourmorninggloriesAbsolutely thankful for your perspective on these posts! So sorry and yet thankful!
- skippeeOh no, I'm so sorry to hear that so much was taken. I pray that the person who took your bible will be changed by it. May they read God's word and see your heart on those pages and be forever changed. ❤️
Log in to like or comment.