kenyan_library"Why is it we can never love the people we ought to?"
Finished this Last Night and now I want to read all of Sarah Waters books 🙌
Set in the backdrop of World War 2 in London the story follows 4 youngsters who are coming to terms with themselves during this harsh period and manoeuvring life through air raids, blacked out streets, excessive smoking and sexual adventure. You will follow them through their bad decision making, toxic relationship and just a whole lot of complexities 😅
It was a complusive readable book, the characters and the beautiful writing balanced each other out beautifully. I was weary going in to it because i thought it would be a slow book as most Historical books are but the pacing was perfect. LGBTQ aspect elevated the book for me, I rarely come across any queer characters in Historical fiction it was a breath of fresh air. I will be doing a full review later but I can totally recommend it 😊 .
If you are well versed in Sarah Waters books do tell me which one i should read next or any Historical fiction with LGBTQ Themes are all welcomed 😊👌 away
- simonreadsbooks@kenyan_library We definitely should! Maybe we should plan something in for September or November? I'm going to read It by Stephen King in October I think?
- kenyan_library@simonreadsbooks Oh Yes yes 😅😅😅😅 I have never read IT i am planning on buying a copy count me down for a buddy read
- simonreadsbooks@kenyan_library Cool! You have 5 months to grab a copy and we can read it in October! It's probably the only book I will read that month as it is huge!
- bookwnonameOh you make this book sound so fantastic! I need more hist fic in my life.
- kenyan_library@simonreadsbooks Oh👊😎 now I am looking forward to October I am going to have a copy by then and I can't wait dude
- kenyan_library@bookwnoname It's freaking fantastic 😊😊 And one can never have too much Hist fix 😅
- simonreadsbooks@kenyan_library Same here+
- nils_shuklaFantastic pic Bill! I haven't really read much Historical Fiction, I think The Watchmaker of Filigree Street will be the second one I read. Outlander was the first bit I hated that.
- notebookieblogI loved this book too but was so disappointed with the way it ended!
- kenyan_library@nils_shukla You should try thriller Historical fiction or mystery based they are very welcoming to the genre... I am so interested in the watchmaker book 🙌🙌🙌 And Outlander is the only time travel book don't want to read 😂😂😂😂😂
- kenyan_library@notebookieblog So many people say that... I can totally get it why it might be problematic but i was okay with it 👌😅
- a_book_dragonLove love love the photo!!💗😊 I'm not the biggest fan of historical books but this one sounds very interesting! I'm going to add it to my never-ending tbr list🙏😂
- nils_shukla@kenyan_library 😂😂 Avoid Outlander is my advice! Do you have a recommendation for a good thriller Historical Fiction?
- plwhitehouseShe is fabulous.. I did the same with her and read 4 of hers.. I loved night watch.. I've got one more of hers.. she's so talented and a great style.. mind you I like wartime stories.. her other historical novels have some menace.. 🤓 brill pic!! 🤓
- kenyan_library@nils_shukla The Shadow of The Wind is a stunning book i always recommend that and the thirteen tale those two are my all-time favorite Historical fiction with a mystery aspect
- nils_shukla@kenyan_library I've just bought The Shadow of the Wind! I'm so excited to read it! I've not heard of the Thirteenth Tale I will look that one up thank you.
- kenyan_library@plwhitehouse That is so good to hear 😅😅😅 because I plan to read more of her 😂😂😂😂😂😂 Thanks Paula 🙌🙌🙌🙌
- plwhitehouse@kenyan_library you're welcome ☺🙌
- dogeared_bibliophileFingersmith by Sarah Waters is WONDERFUL! This is on my shelf, I'll pick it up soon. 😊
- kenyan_library@dogeared_bibliophile it really so good 🙌 I can't wait to read more of her
Log in to like or comment.