michaelaevanowSometimes I swear he's a mini Jay, but then I see my two year old self reflected in him and I laugh. It's such a weird and wonderful thing to see your child grow, a part of you, a part of your love. In other news, this kid is jumping in his crib a lot and I'm afraid he'll break it! He's not a climber though. When did you transition your toddler to a bed and why?
- lula78I transitioned my 21 months old when he was 18 months, to a toddler bed because he is a monkey and he was jumping and trying to get out of the crib.
- mallorythenurseWhen my 3 yo became too heavy for me to lift into his crib 😉
- hartgirlpdxNot until they could climb out!😳
- 5littlemen1princessI have kept them in the crib until I needed it for a sibling or they were climbing out on their own , between 2 and 3 years. My 4 year old, is my last baby and I removed the side but she still sleeps in it, toddler bed style.
- fionalynneAt about 16 months Kaya just went on strike and refused to sleep in her cot. After three days of sleeping on the carpet with her we took the side off and she slept contentedly from then on!
- katiehulslanderAll of my kids were out of their cribs by one year. My oldest liked (and still does) to sleep on the floor, and my boys hate sleep never stay where they are supposed to. ;)
- amykallinkpWe chose to do the montessori floor bed after bedsharing. So it was pretty earlier over here! KP was about 10 months and Link was similar in age.
- hollygalWe waited till Griffs 3rd birthday. We tried earlier but he was dropping his nap so we pushed it to 3. He did end up dropping his nap the day we switched to a big boy bed.....
- carriearchWe moved all 4 to a twin bed around 18 months. The slept better after the move.
- stacybirch7Our son was two and we had just moved to Calgary and he had to sleep in his playpen while we stayed with my sister for a month til we closed on our house. But a couple weeks in he wasn't sleeping well and we realized he was too long for his playpen and we made a bed for him on the floor. It took about four nights to get him to stay in bed. Then once we moved we thought why put him back in his crib after all the work it took to keep him in his floor "bed" ☺️so we went ahead and bought a twin bed with a Malm frame from Ikea (its low to the ground and we added side rails) and he loved his big boy bed.
- brianslove03Our kids all came out around 16-18 months of age. Straight into a twin bed with a rail until they got used to it.
- lyouellDukes still in his crib, and he is three in May :) he jumps so hard in it too!
- alwaysgenevieve11 months we did the floor bed. She has a twin mattress on the floor. I love it! Laying in it right now nursing her.
- daniellelangley7Silas when he was about this age because he had thrown himself out 2x always when it was way past his bedtime and he was super hyper 😳
- kshortreedCael was never a climber either but big jumper. He was in his crib until oak needed it (he was a couple months shy of 3).
- canich3! Because I was scared to do it sooner!!! And he never did try to climb out. Now I plan to keep our second babe who is now 2 in till she is 3 if we can...
- companiongoodsHe's so dreamy 😍
- maker_starMy daughter Luna started climbing out of her crib at 2 and one month and was eager to sleep in a big girl bed. My son Nova is 4 1/2 and is still sleeping in his crib 😱. Yes he loves it! We've taken him shopping in the past but all he says is "no thank you. I yuv my bed mama". Last week we started talking about a big boy bed again and he seems interested so I think he might or at least I hope he gets a bed this weekend hahahahha! Keeping fingers crossed over here :).
- charmainesdiscoverytoys@kshortreed same. My oldest transitioned on his third birthday. Never tried to climb out.
- flowence8322/23 months. He's tall and he would stick his legs through the spacing while sleeping. He was starting to get bruises.
Log in to like or comment.