amandamariefittSwipe left for the before. 😈 My glutes are officially 42 inches! Dats a big booty. 😎 My goal is always to share the most effective ways to eat & train, no exceptions. Talking “booty” usually results in a fair amount of disagreement because the exercises many people feel are the “best” for glutes are actually the lowest on the training totem pole (I’m looking at you, kickbacks.) There are certainly different styles of training: Powerlifting (compound lifts), Bodybuilding (isolation work), or “athletic” which is what I would consider “functional” or the best of both worlds. Some people train simply for aesthetic purposes while others train for strength. Me? I prefer the best of both worlds. I want to look amazing but also be able to do shit. What’s the point in having the most amazing looking glutes if they don’t stabilize my pelvis and protect the integrity of my hip joint? Glutes can be a hard muscle group to activate (there are actually 3 different muscles that are activated differently.) Hands down, the best way to grow glutes is through high volume training. One of the best exercises is going to be the hip thruster. Thrusters hit upper and lower glutes. Back extensions are also great for glutes (focus on mind-muscle connection.) Include squatting and deadlifting movements and, finally, include open chain hip extensions (like kickbacks.) In “layman’s terms,” hit your big lifts. Squats, deadlifts, and hip thrusters. Then, perform exercises like back extensions, glute bridges, lunges, step ups, or kettle bell deadlifts. Finally, “burn out” or “pump up” with exercises like kickbacks. When time is a factor, kickbacks can be dropped. They are not the most effective training tool. 🤙🏽 #knowledgeispower
- brunettebunsandbarbellsBooty boooty boooty booooooooty rockin erewhere 🙌🏻✨💃🏻looks so so good! An it's so true - glutes especially. If you're not truly focusing on mind/muscle connection you can do so much "work" but no "werkk" 🙈💕
- amandamariefitt#bootyworkout #bootybuilding #athlete #strengthqueens #strongwomen #empowerwomen #empoweringwomen #physique #bodybuilding #powerbuilder #powerlifting #shelifts #sheliftsbro #iifym #iifymgirls #trainhard #liftheavy #girlswithmuscle #girlswholift #girlsgonestrong #fittips #fitnessmodel
- amandamariefitt@brunettebunsandbarbells many people talk about not 'feeling' their glutes activate during squats, deads, or thrusts. Welp, hate to say it but you're doing them wrong. 😂🙈 Always focus on form and really squeeze those glutes! (I tell my clients to crack a walnut with their butt at the top of a dead.)
- jcolette3Dat Bootie gurl!!! Looks amazing! 🙌🏼
- lindseyyy_mariee_@amandamariefitt hip thrusters vs. Glute bridges, is there a benefit to doing one over the other?
- brunettebunsandbarbells@amandamariefitt yes!! 🌰Show me that "ugly butt" at the top!! And no, you do have glute activation because hi you can walk in here or climb one stair 😑but you're not using themmmmmmm.
- amandamariefitt@lindseyyy_mariee_ thrusts have a greater ROM than glute bridges. You can also 'load' the muscle with more weight causing increase hypertrophy. In terms of strength, the hip thrust will always be superior, as more weight can be tolerated in the thrust (back on bench) position. The thrust is the equivalent of a bench press for lower body. Bridges are going to be back-on-ground and, while the weight/load is limited, you can adjust reps to accommodate progression. Short answer? You ideally want both but prioritize thrusters as your main exercise and warm up with (or superset with) glute bridges or frog pumps.
- lindseyyy_mariee_@amandamariefitt Thanks! 🍑👍
- ashleyray8912@amandamariefitt so before squatting hip thrusting and deadlifts should we do a few warm up moves like glute bridges and those types as well or just save them for the end?
- amandamariefitt@ashleyray8912 I would say either one is perfectly fine. 🤙🏽
- confessionsofameatheadTotally on board with booing kickbacks
- ashleyray8912Okay! Thanks and one last thing should the be lifts be low rep high weight and the rest be low weight high rep or does it not matter @amandamariefitt
Log in to like or comment.