sondradavisonI'm almost embarrassed to share this, because this is really how I look when I am sewing. It saves me a fortune in lint rollers, though. Despite banning my cats from the sewing room, I couldn't figure out why I was still fighting cat hair on my blocks. It finally dawned on me, the hair was already on me from holding or petting cats, before coming in to sew. My years of aircraft quality manager experience came in handy at this point. We had areas that required employees to put a lab coat on prior to entering, so as not to contaminate parts. I took that memory and applied it to a $15 order for an XL lab coat from amazon.com. That's about the same price for 3 lint rollers and cut the usage of those by about 80 to 85%. I also love that it has huge pockets, and I can stash my rotary cutter, cell phone, and other important tools in them and avoid losing them under a pile of fabric on the cutting table. #IGQuiltFest
- saraquiltsWhat a great tip! Girls look!!! We should be wearing lab coats to our sew days - we won't be covered in threads going to lunch!! @jaiamar @jiheld
- the_navThat is brilliant
- sondradavison@saraquilts That's right!
- jillynhGreat idea & so considerate of you! I'm big time allergic to all cat & dogs. I bet your clients really appreciate you doing this.
- amandascharmedlifeI love that it would also keep threads off your clothes! Genius!
- amanda_michelle2Great idea! More than just a pretty face. 😊😂
- centerstreetquiltsSo smart!
- melissacalcuttiBrilliant!!! My cat was a one of a kind and when she passed I knew I couldn't get another right away. Instead I got a yorkiepoo that doesn't shed lol. But when I do get another kitty I will order a lab coat the same day! Thanks for the tip!
Log in to like or comment.