taracarrfitnessHappy Monday Ladies!
Studies have shown that if you “stand in a superhero pose before a job interview, big presentation, or a really hard task, you will not only feel a lot more confident, but you’ll perform measurably better.” And the best part is – it only takes a couple of minutes to work!
Do I have your attention now?
When you are genetically predisposed with higher levels of testosterone and lower levels of cortisol (both men and women), you’re more likely to be more confident, assertive, less anxious and generally the kind of person who can handle situations under pressure well, all due to better hormone balance.
But for those of you who aren’t that lucky (which is many of us), research has shown that physical cues such as body language can impact performance and improve how you feel in your own skin within minutes!
During a Harvard study, it was learned that certain poses increased testosterone by 20% and decreased cortisol levels by 25% in just a few minutes. This means, that on demand, you can shift your hormone levels to help you in any situation you want!
How can you use this information practically in your everyday life?
Simply stand tall like a Superman or Wonder Woman or any other superhero you prefer for at least two minutes per day.
Use this trick to smash your goals for this week!
P.S. Mommy Makeover Spring Bikini Camp starts April 3rd! More details this week. You seriously don't want to miss out on this one!
- taracarrfitness#ohwowyes #theeverydayproject #morningslikethese #nothingisordinary #pursuepretty #enjoythelittlethings #myunicornlife #thoughtoftheday #chasinglight #creativepreneur #creativityfound #designisinthedetails #entrepreneurlife #makeithappen #sayyestosuccess #solopreneur #thegirlgang
- anetakaweckaDidnt know it! Will try!
- thecourtneyylifeThis is great to know!
- urbanspringpilatesThats a great tip. My husband does the same every morning for many years. He stands up tall and then also smiles. Looks a but creepy for an outsider but gives him confidence and good mood to continue the day
- taracarrfitness@urbanspringpilates that's awesome! Yes the power pose is a game changer! I've been doing it a lot more lately and can definitely tell a difference in my confidence and attitude throughout the day! 😘
- taracarrfitness@anetakawecka let me know how how you like it!
- taracarrfitness@thecourtneyylife defiantly a cool life hack! I love it! :)
Log in to like or comment.