underthesycamoreArrived home late last night. We are ever mindful that our kids are listening to every word we say about the robbery (see previous post) and the young man who filled his truck with stuff from ours (we met a family who watched it happen, but didn't report anything). May our words be seasoned with grace, forgiveness and compassion. On the long drive home we recounted the goodness of God in our lives, we have so much to be grateful for today. This morning a friend showed up with coffee, toothbrushes, toothpaste and deodorant for a stinky, weary family. We've got a mess to deal with, but goodness it is a great day to be alive! #choosejoy
- katrinaanjaLove your heart attitude about this! Amazing example for everyone watching!
- sally.kellyWhat a great attitude to have. Your right: the kids are watching you on this!
- wittersgarden@kittywasacheng I completely understand how you feel! We were also burglarized when I was 16 and I know who did it as he had threatened retaliation as I wouldn't date him and he had a history of possession stolen goods but the police would not question him as I didn't file a report beforehand. It took a while to forgive him and get over the bitterness but it also taught me compassion.
- chrissygotayYou really inspire me with your grace (every day, not just today) and by the way you live your life. Sending love to your beautiful family.
- calillieIt's so, so difficult. Thank you for your honesty & transparency
- kittywasacheng@wittersgarden isn't there a statistic that states most burglaries are by people you know? Someone knew where all the good stuff was...
- dignifysjOh, Ashley. I can relate!! Our van was broken into on the last day of a two week holiday while we had stopped to go swimming on our 11 hour drive. I had been really intentional the entire holiday about - a la Ashley Campbell - capturing so many precious moments with my camera. When I saw the broken window, I vowed to announce it to the kids while keeping my cool. But, that memory card!! 😭😭😭 It really did force us, too, to believe what we said -- that maybe their life was not going well to feel the need to steal our stuff; that things are not our everything, etc.. But, girl, I feel you!
- theadventuresashleySo sorry to hear about that! Being stolen from is one of the most violating experiences I've had. Yes, may your words and actions be full of mercy. Praying for you guys in the days that follow--and for the thief!
- tiffanytravelsYou are constantly a bright spot in my day. Sorry someone was a dark spot in yours. While I'm sure your perspective took some will power, it proves you believe the things you tell your family. Better days!
- kislanykimI'm so sorry your vehicle was broken into and someone stole your stuff. I'm not sure I could stay so positive and admire your ability to do so. As a comment to everyone chastising the family for not saying anything -- I can't be sure I would have tried to stop the guy either, had I been in their situation. There are too many guns around and you never know who has one. I would have thought about it, but if I feared physical danger to my family, I probably would have held back too. As annoying as it is, it's just stuff.
- elkdressesOh man. I hope you find peace from the Lord blessing you in your choice to try and stay positive. ❤️
- jaimedaunaisOur car was broken into while we were at the zoo on our first day of vacation a few years ago. Luckily try just took the adult suitcases and nothing else. We were close enough to home that we stayed the night with friends and ended the vacation.
- avenleabI'm so sorry this happened to you. Thank you for your great example to your kids and all of us! ❤️
- celebrate.alwaysI'm so so sorry y'all.
- stef.phelpsSo sorry to hear of this:( I know you will approach it with grace❤️
- troitinoMaybe he needs your Bible more than you.
- tmasdYou and your family are amazing! God is good! ❤
- rredcurlsI really am blessed by your attitude! Thank you!
- songskatesangI'm so so sorry. Praying that the Bible falls into his hands and then claims a space in his heart. Praying that those pages speak life and truth into his world so that we may meet him in heaven and tell him how glad we are that He found our Savior.
- skippeeYou are amazing to see such grace and focus on God's blessings at a time like this. I feel so bad that this happened to you guys...you are all nothing but good so it just stinks that something so bad happened. *hug*
Log in to like or comment.