brokeandcookingOoey, gooey cheesy pasta is one of my favorite things in the world. I try to feature healthier recipes on Broke and Cooking, but let's all face it...carbs is life. We've all gotta have some yummy pasta every now and then. This pasta tosses all of the goodness of Caprese together and gets a nice golden crust in the oven. Creamy Caprese Pasta is full of robust tomato flavor and can feed a herd of people for very little cost.
* Preheat your oven to 375F
* Boil the pasta, drain
* Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, adding a drizzle of olive oil. Sauté the onions until translucent, seasoning them with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
* Add 1 tbsp tomato paste to the sautéed onions, allowing it to brown and cook thru. Throw in cherry tomatoes.
* Stir in 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce and 1/3 cup heavy cream. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt, pep, and oregano. Toss in some red pepper flakes for heat!
* Scoop in the cooked pasta, stirring to coat. Fold in mozzarella cubes!
* Toss some chopped basil into the pasta.
* Transfer the pasta into an oven-safe baking dish. Add extra mozz and toss it into the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
* Serve with fresh basil and crusty bread for scooping :)
Find the full recipe and more by clicking the link in my bio or by searching ‘caprese’ on #brokeandcooking.com
#thatfoodcray #feedfeed @thefeedfeed #foodwinewomen #foodiechats @foodiechats #foodstyling #foodblog #foodbloggers #foodphotography #sonyalpha #sonyimages #foodgawker #buzzfeedfood #feastagram #eeeeeats #recipe #yourstomake #tastingtable #teamchomp #cookinglight #foodblogfeed #tastemade #healthyeats #thekitchn #eattheworld #livelovefood
#pastabake #caprese @pastagarofalo
- _annnnhLet's make this @johndao
- johndaoK! @_annnnh
- hollyferris_That reminds me...time for lunch.
Log in to like or comment.