randomly_happyOK. Truth time. I seem to have found myself at a crossroads and it's been prompting some really hard questions. Like how do I see myself, what do I value and what I want to accomplish. I'd like to work through it, but just don't know where to start. .
So I'm throwing it out there to the universe/Instagram: what have you found helpful when faced with a crossroad? How did you find your goals and stay true to them?
- randomly_happyWow @xmassummer you have no idea how your words lifted my spirit. Thank you so much for taking the time to write. It warns me to no end to think there are wonderful people like you out there wishing me well 😘😘😘😘
- randomly_happy@offsquare sorry to hear you're going through the same thing. It's rough, eh? Hope you make your way through it 😘
- email@example.com thanks for your idea. I definitely see the value in writing things down to clarify direction! Great idea 🙂
- randomly_happyThanks @sewnsow I'll have to check them out. I love a good book 😃
- randomly_happyThanks @gillydressgirl. I've come across some of her posts before, but not this series. I had a quick peek and it looks really interesting. Thanks so much for recommending it 😘
- randomly_happy@sophsews I think it's a great idea for people who are religious, but i guess even if you're not you could put something out there to the universe, right?
- sophsews@randomly_happy absolutely, definitely not going to hurt 😀 I believe God answers all our prayers in one way or another. I've obvs no idea what your crossroad decisions are but definitely recommend #tryalpha if you want to discuss life's big questions in a friendly place. Happy Wednesday xx
- rosie_diycouture@randomly_happy I think the concept of a 'path' is ironically misleading. Nothing is already written and there's not a preexisting 'option' to pick. Time is long and if you are lucky enough to have choice, you just spend time on what is good for you at the time and see what happens next. Then again, I know some people who have 5 year plans and stick to them, so everyone is different!
- gillydressgirl@rosie_diycouture @randomly_happy In regards to that I also love this quote from Deepak Chopra: "If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the universe will reward you for one thing and punish you for another. The universe has no fixed agenda. Once you make any decision, it works around that decision. There is no right or wrong, only a series of possibilities that shift with each thought, feeling and action that you experience."
- rosie_diycouture@gillydressgirl yes, I believe this exactly, and he said it so much better than me!!
- fashionablylifeconscious@randomly_happy this one is quite time-intensive but very interesting- Google Living Moxie core values. Otherwise try Mind Tools core values. Happy valuing! I really hope this helps xx
- wanderluceblogI'm often found at said crossroads! I think you just have to go with it and let your intuition guide you a little 💞
- nichole_tawnyheadfarm…I would like to beg you dear Sir, as well as I can, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don’t search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.
Rainer Maria Rilke, 1903
in Letters to a Young Poet
- offsquareAfter months of anguish, think I've just found a way through for myself. Maybe it'll help you too?? It was by meeting and talking with professionals in the area concerned. Advisers. Chatting with friends and family is good too, but the right advisers have clinched it for me. Also, the Moxie values that @fashionablylifeconscious mentioned were awesome. It gave me a rock to pivot choices on. Good luck and I hope you find a path soon that resounds with your soul 😘
- fashionablylifeconscious@offsquare that's so awesome! I'm really stoked for you 👍 👍 👍
- randomly_happy@gillydressgirl oh my god. This was brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing!
- randomly_happy@fashionablylifeconscious funny I looked at the Living Moxie, but shied away because it looked so time intensive. Interesting to hear you recommend it. Makes me think i should give it another look
- randomly_happy@nichole_tawnyheadfarm at first i thought you were calling me a sir 🤔 but now I get it. Love the quote too!
- randomly_happyThanks @offsquare. I'll look into that for sure. Also picking up on your idea of mentors. Been playing around with that idea for a while now
- nichole_tawnyheadfarm@randomly_happy I love the idea of "live your way into the answer"
Log in to like or comment.