kicksologyYou may be wondering, what does a dive watch have to do with xurros? Well, nothing really, aside from the fact that they both make me happy. 😄
Anyone who’s been following me for a while may have noticed that I’ve caught the watch bug of late, and particularly the Seiko diver bug, which I’ve come to understand is a fairly common affliction.
This example is the Seiko Prospex SUN065 Kinetic GMT Diver, which I first got turned onto via @jestacey’s excellent review on @ablogtowatch.
I never thought I’d become a watch guy, and would have laughed at you if you’d told me I’d willingly don an oversized beast like the SUN065, but this affliction has done strange things to me because I absolutely adore this watch. I get lost in the depths of its gorgeous dial, am entranced by the glow of its magical lume and can’t stop snick-snick-snicking its perfectly calibrated—dare I say buttery—bezel.
The watch comes with a very nice rubber strap, but I swapped it for a navy Zulu-style NATO strap from @crownandbuckle and haven’t looked back.
#WatchLove #Seiko #SeikoDiver #SeikoProspex #SeikoPADI #SUN065 #SeikoSunday #WatchFam #WatchNerd #ZuluStrap #DiveWatch
- malachiwatchesThis is dope!
- jecabalonaWelcome to the wonderful world of divers sir! 😊👍🏼
- asianmackVery nice
- thegarwoodwatchAdd a Garwood watch in the mix ✌
- anothersamchan@kicksology what do u recommend starting with as an edc dive watch? skx007? i have a snk013 but find it a tad small
- kicksology@anothersamchan Hey man, great to hear from you! If you like everything about the SNK013 with the exception of its size, then, yes, I think the SKX007 or 009 (same watch, but with the blue & red "Pepsi" bezel) would be perfect. One other model to consider, though, is the SRP777. The 777, also known as the Turtle for the shape of its cushion-style case, generally retails for about $100 USD more than the SKX007, but for that money you get an upgraded movement that supports hacking and hand-winding (the latter can be useful if you don't wear the watch every day); drilled lugs, which make it way easier to change straps; and a far nicer stock silicone strap. The cushion-style case is wider than that of the SKX007, but the Turtle remains eminently wearable and has received rave reviews since hitting the US a little over a year ago. Hope this helps!
- anothersamchan@kicksology it's been a while! when r you visiting vancouver again? side note also home to @jestacey it seems. i miss portland tons. the watch mod world is a dangerous rabbit hole, i will check out the turtle. tnx for the advice!
- helgrayPretty awesome
Log in to like or comment.