darkgravityI was supposed to tell you to be like a tiger … You are fierce and you can do it! But, aren’t we already all like tigers, slowly getting killed by capitalism?
Here’s an except from an article by Laurel Neme published at @natgeo on March 8 entitled "Exclusive Look Into How Rare Elephants' Forests Are Disappearing" "A high-stakes game playing out in a remote biodiversity hot spot pits the palm oil industry against the ecological integrity of the last place on Earth where critically endangered Sumatran elephants, tigers, rhinos, and orangutans live side by side.
At issue is destruction of Indonesia’s Leuser Ecosystem—a UNESCO World Heritage site at the northern end of Sumatra—principally by forest clearing for oil palm plantations. Roughly the size of Massachusetts, the Leuser’s 10,000 square miles straddle two provinces, with 85 percent in Aceh and the rest in North Sumatra. The region encompasses Sumatra’s largest intact rain forest and a mix of habitats, from high alpine meadows to peat swamps.
Palm oil—the basis of products such as cosmetics and shampoos, processed foods and biodiesel—is versatile and has a long shelf life.” Sumatran tigers are seen as an indicator species for the forest, meaning if their population is dwindling, so is the overall health of the forest.
Being at the top of the ecosystem, tigers can only thrive when there is adequate availability of prey species, many of which are herbivores, and the population of these animals greatly depends on their habitat. If there is no habitat to provide food for the herbivores then the tiger has no hope for survival.
It’s crazy how the Palm oil industry is conducting business in Indonesia.
Here’s a simple way on how you can contribute. Lessen if not completely cease the use of products that are dependent to palm oil.
You can purchase the artwork at https://www.aoklife.com/auctions/29/Patrick-Cabral/Tiger
or follow the link on my profile.
I’m donating 50% to @wwfphilippines
Find out more about WWF’s initiative on Rhinos at https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
Follow @Aoklife to find out how you can help Charitable Institutions raise funds.
- nicolegrosjeanI think this one is my favorite!
- quilling_in_harmonyI hear you👂...this is gorgeous by the way 💖💞💕
- pamaloo1I wish more people would pay attention and read the captions you write to your artwork. Your artwork is spectacular, but what you have to say in your captions is potentially life changing for animals - if only more people paid attention. 💔
- lynn_belfastWow! 💜💜
- elsieandrewesSoooo dope
- angelligraphyUrrrgghh the details 😍😍😍😍
- nurturewellnessvillage😍 😍 😍
- darkgravity@nurturewellnessvillage This would look good on your lobby, don't you think? :)
- elevateitall👏 Clean!
- zig_russiaAmazing 😍
- bruno_bosseIs it laser cut ?
- paperartmagazineThanks for sharing this #paperartlicious image :🗞)
- apapercarnivalThis is stunning!
Log in to like or comment.