sewingpolarbearDay 12 of #miymarch17 - Teacher. I suspect there are many patient mothers out there getting credit today ☺Mine is no exception, but my interest in sewing first appeared a few years ago. Since I have studied and worked far from home I have mostly used the Internet. There are some question though that Google has a hard time answering (like "how to get your collar band not to look like a turtle made it" and "how to sew that armhole of your coat without having a mental breakdown"). I have used Skype with my mum in those cases (let's just say she is very, very patient 😂). Side note: I'm currently trying to improve my shirt making skills and have discovered Angela Kane and her YouTube channel. She almost makes me want to quit my job, drink all the tea and handstitch collars all day long! 😆
- sewingpolarbear#republiqueduchiffon #handmadewardrobe #chemisehedwige #hedwigepattern
- renushresthaofficialHehe exactly that's what I think searching for some inspiration on youtube 😊
- heiressyI hand stitched my first flat collar yesterday... But have not tried to sew a shirt yet. Yours looks very neat! 😊
- oharicotHello. Your shirt is really pretty just like other garments you make. Though you still want to improve your skills and I find it's inspiring 👏. I also like Angela Kane's tuto 😊
- sewingpolarbear@heiressy Oooh, you made a collar but not a shirt? Well than you definately learned the most difficult part 👏👌 I actually made two collars for this one because I forgot to measure my neckline! So silly! But I'm happy it looks neat (finally!) - thank you ☺☺
- sewingpolarbear@oharicot Thank you so much! You just made me so happy! I have not seen all of Angela Kanes videos but the ones I have seen are very good ☺
- sewingpolarbear@renushresthaofficial and also "how to make dinner without stepping away from the sewing machine" 😉
- rebeccajpelletierThis is what I need to learn and improve in...
- renushresthaofficialHaha yeah totally.. I forget to eat cook whenever I sew and my mom yells like hell 😂😂😂
- heiressy@sewingpolarbear I made it for a dress. Shirts and plackets are still scary things. I also forget to measure when I get into that sewing super zone 😅 ... But yours looks really lovely and crisp 👌.
Log in to like or comment.