thesaltedhog#Garlic dry cured #lambheart. Finally cut into another of the hearts I experimented with last summer. Flavour, colour, texture all spot on! #homecured #charcuterie #experiment
- metamorphoseuselooks gorgeous!
- bergeron_alexandreYou nailed the shape of that lonely slice!
- thesaltedhogTIL: dry cured lamb heart, aged cheddar cheese and a glass of porter is an amazing pairing 😀
- thesaltedhog@bergeron_alexandre I had to pull that slice out of the stack of them since it came out so perfect heart shaped. Always thought it was an odd shape to represent a heart but my slicer proved me wrong....
- home.charcuterieHow is a cured heart?? Is it really hard? Does it taste very different than another muscle? What do you do with the cavity and valves? Sorry all the questions! 😄
- firstname.lastname@example.org Excellent! 40% loss so same texture as other whole muscles. Tastes "lamby" and fat odd texture. Salted in chambers and compressed to remove air pockets.
- bergeron_alexandreIt did indeed @thesaltedhog !
Log in to like or comment.