connieconsumesWe're not entirely convinced that Gaggan deserved to be named number 1 in Asia's 50 Best Restaurants but we had an enjoyable evening all the same! There were some hiccups with the food and service, it wasn't as groundbreaking as everyone makes it out to be but there were some very good bites! This chu toro nigiri on a meringue instead of rice was one of our favourites! 🍣🇹🇭🇮🇳🍣. .
#asias50best #amazingthailand #bangkok #finedining #beautifulcuisines #suitcasetravels #artofplating #worldsbestfood #lefooding #foodgawker #foodspotting #buzzfeedfood #foodstagram #foodphotography #forkyeah #foodwinewomen #lovefood #foodforfoodies #foodstyling #buzzfeast #yahoofood #eatingfortheinsta #huffpostetaste #storyofmytable #devourpower #thehappynow #flashesofdelight #mytinyatlas
- mitziesbubbleSo interesting story, we were all set to go to @GAGGANBANGKOK as part of our Thailand baby moon few years ago, was psyched to get an initial booking and then nothing. radio silence to all emails, tweets (inc to the chef!). All I wanted to know was menu options, state dietary requirements as I was preggers and find out cancellation policy- nothing too difficult. When they did email, the manager spoke in riddles and kept addressing me as MR despite my many sign offs with Mrs. We hadn't had the opportunity to give card details, because of no further response, so sat in limbo not quite knowing if dinner was on or not and by that point I'd had enough and didnt feel they deserved our custom. So off to Nahm we went. All very bizarre. I can't quite remember who but I voiced my frustration out on twitter and a fellow travel/food blogger had had a similarly bad experience. The food can only take a restaurant so far (sounds like that isn't all to good either), hospitality goes a long way.
- ucanringmybellThat looks so interesting! I like the fish bone as well
- gay_gannice name for a spot hehe #gaggan #geoghegan #gaygan
- connieconsumes@gay_gan well spotted indeed, thinking of starting up your own fine dining venture soon?! LOL anyway, what's the haps with BabyGG1.0?
- gay_gan@connieconsumes ah yes, update on the way
- connieconsumes@mitziesbubble that's quite an effort you went through! My booking process was smooth, didn't actually expect a confirmation as it was so last minute. For us, the service was trying a little too hard and thus felt really intrusive. It was definitely an interesting meal but does it make it into our top 10? Probably not. The tougher bf wouldn't even rank it in his top 20!
- connieconsumes@ucanringmybell there were definitely some really intriguing techniques and ideas but at times felt a little style over substance. This, however, was splendid and the plate with the bone was so beautiful, the vertebrae are actually imprinted into the plate!
- connieconsumes@gay_gan I'll be waiting... 🤗
- rajpop@connieconsumes sorry to hear it didn't live up to expectations...:(
- connieconsumes@rajpop not to worry - still worth a visit to find out for ourselves! Everyone's entitled to their experience!
Log in to like or comment.