bellwoodsbeerWe're brewing our first batch of Skeleton Key at our Hafis Road facility! This Spiced Imperial Stout receives a 4 hour boil with molasses and a blend of spices, and is then aged in rum barrels (with vanilla and more spicing) for a year.
- scroggy@nelsogram I was at Bellwoods a couple weeks ago and asked about skeleton key and they said it would be released in a month or so... so curious to know if this is a different version of what is being released this year.
- bellwoodsbeer@scroggy @nelsogram Yes, late winter or early spring of next year. There must have been a miscommunication, there won't be any out until this batch is ready.
- scroggy@bellwoodsbeer no Bring out your dead or Skeleton Key... my two favs 😥
- bellwoodsbeer@scroggy us too! We weren't able to swing it last year with moving, expansion, and production strain on the brewpub. BOYD is in barrels, and SK is on its way to barrels soon. In the meantime, Hellwoods is currently in the shop!
- sourduchessSounds amazing!!
- thesashasaurus@seanskeletor yummyyyy
- mrsharpphotoI'm no expert but I don't think that's enough spices for a Hafis-sized batch
- scroggy@bellwoodsbeer understood. You guys adding any 🌶's to this or any near future stouts?
- donutandySaw this the other day stoked @colemortillaro
- emilykouri@dwayne_cowzer @taramarabara @mrkdwd
- bellwoodsbeer@scroggy very likely
- bellwoodsbeer@mrsharpphoto just a small sample of what went in the kettle. The full addition somehow didn't look as pretty in a big nylon bag
Log in to like or comment.