poppykettleI think imma buy this in its biggest size and then remake it coz I love the fabric so much!
Except I'm hesitating big time because its polyester 🤢
- funkbunnyYes! Agree with @maciniccreates would totally work with silk paints!
- lynnesewsOh, I would too, that fabric is stunning!
- mrs.pincushionFor what it's worth, I've decided there is a place in my wardrobe for polyester. I have little children and the dress I wore yesterday was covered in vegemite, sardines and more. I was glad to throw it in the wash. At the moment easily washed means I'll wear it and I want to be able to wear what I make. (I use to wear silk all the time. Now the silk just stays in the wardrobe.)
- handmadevintage378Yep I agree love the colours but not so in love with polyester
- teslagirl@poppykettle doesn't that drive you crazy? Why in the world are some of the prettiest prints done on poly?
- missemilyeeReminds me of Fabrickated's hand painted silk fabric
- arielle.celestin@teslagirl because you can add color to some synthetics earlier in the process, they tend to be brighter and do not fade as much, sadly. I also noticed that my poly thread matches poly fabric much better than matching poly to natural fibers...
- sandra_isewfashionI see your dilemma, do it anyway.
- audreychrysalisThat is pretty!! I'd buy it too rather than try to replicate the fabric... Where is it from?
- allthewhimsicalthingsI think I saw this on a facebook ad. Very pretty colours, it reminds me of bluebell gray.
- poppykettleI got the same add in my fb feed then @allthewhimsicalthings - it is rather BBG isn't it!
- poppykettle@rachel_and_rosie I wish I could recall. It was a random link that popped up in my fb feed!
- poppykettleYes! But I may have to experiment with painting my own now... 😜 @teslagirl
- poppykettleGood idea! @maciniccreates @funkbunny
- poppykettleI wish I could remember now @audreychrysalis ! It was a random link that popped up in my Facebook feed...
- pattern.scissors.clothHand painted silk sounds lovely - this could be the start of a new hobby!
- poppykettleIt's definitely something I want to try - this will be the inspiration I think! @pattern.scissors.cloth
- allthewhimsicalthingsShall we get some paints and experiment? @poppykettle it would be fun!
- allthewhimsicalthings@audreychrysalis @poppykettle it's from a website called sheln, and it's $18 with free shipping. It came up on my feed again!
- juliabobbinOh my God I keep seeing this in my Facebook feed and I am also obsessed with the fabric!!
Log in to like or comment.