j_paksOnly 7 days until we escape to the Black Canyon Trail in AZ and I'm most excited about this little buddy.
The @msr_gear #trailshot water filter will (hopefully) fulfill a couple of my needs that are lacking in the Sawyer squeeze filter...
Only one way to find out.
Head to the desert!
#jpaks #bikepacking #msrtrailshot #waterfilter #adventurebeginshere #adventurebybike #blackcanyontrail #bikepackingwithfriends #msr #luckytoride
- moyesjayWow looks like you guys have lined up another awesome season of adventures!
- moyesjayI was eyeing this filter too. Let us know how it pans out.
- seattleskindocThanks for finishing my bag up before you take off to AZ. Have fun !
- j_paks@moyesjay I will do so. We'll still bring 1 Sawyer, but for standing water this should be ideal.
- j_paksCheers @seattleskindoc! How did the Remora remake come out?
- seattleskindoc@j_paks it's a much better fit - thanks for reworking it - planning to give it sound thrashing this Spring.
- sykeslikesbikesI'm interested in this filter, and currently have a Sawyer as well. Can you expand on what is lacking with the Sawyer? Just wondering your thoughts.
- j_paks@sykeslikesbikes: the need for moving/falling water, a separate container to fill with dirty water and the need to carry a syringe to clean. The Trailshot is self-cleaning, can pull standing water and doesn't require a secondary container. Options are always good 🖒
- sykeslikesbikesPerfect, thanks for the info @j_paks.
- skipeakOh Yeh!
- southern_ditch_livingUsed one of these on a trip last month. Waaaaaay better than my Sawyer I've carried for the last few years.
- j_paksGreat to hear @southern_ditch_living. We'll still bring a Sawyer on big trips (it's so light and small) but I expect the Trailshot to take over the major work.
Log in to like or comment.