rachaellucasThere's a point, when you live by the seaside, just before you have to hand the town over. We have the ever changing skies and the magic of the beach in winter and then, one day, the sun shines, and the air fills with the sound of the funfair and the smells of candy floss and vinegary chips. And we know it's time. We take one last quiet walk along the beach or up the pier, and then we step back.
- rachaellucas#southport #seaside #seftoncoast #littlestoriesofmylife #igerslancashire #visitengland #letsgosomewhere #travelersnotebook #besidetheseaside #momentsofmine #stories #calmbeforethestorm #foundart #letterstoliveby #love #lovenotes
- welliesandloveSo true and beautifully put. I feel the same way about the Dales. My husband jokes that coaches follow lambs.
- rachaellucas@welliesandlove I bet they do! (And thank you) x
- tothepalaceNice lines in this pix 💙
- rachaellucas@tothepalace I love lines!
- louisearberNow THAT'S why you're a writer & I'm not. Beautifully put xx
- tothepalace@rachaellucas The LOVE sign surrounded by all the lines is UNCANNY 💙
- rachaellucas@louisearber ❤ xxx
- rachaellucas@tothepalace Isn't it? It made me happy.
- nikicottonartistYep!!!! I find I try to walk to the furthest reaches for a peaceful walk but it gets harder every day. The smell of endless ruddy chips too 😷
- rachaellucas@nikicottonartist I quite like it! (But I prefer candy floss...) xx
- nikicottonartistLol! I think it's the constant smell when you go to walk the dog..... I would prefer the smell garlic & cooking fish 😍😍😍😍
- sarahgalasko😍beautiful. Well written!
- jigsawnutritionBeautiful! I miss being by the sea x
- jasonpmodawalYour insta is 👌
- nthn.richardsonI used to work at the Pets at Home, on the Ocean Plaza. The summer was a terrible time. Suddenly the town is filled with the unwashed mass, and they're all wearing St Helens rugby league shirts. No. Give me a frozen beach, a boarded up candy-floss store, a guest house with "Closed for Winter" written in the window. It's much more romantic.
Log in to like or comment.