taylordavisviolinRepresenting some Attack on Titan for #workoutwednesday after my pilates session 😉 For a few years now I’ve noticed a lot more pain in my upper body and especially my neck, which is largely the result of many years of performing repetitive motions (both with the violin and computer) without enough regular stretching/myofascial releasing. I’ve had some pretty serious neck issues develop especially within the last year, and it was kind of a wake up call that I needed to make some changes and take better care of myself now that I’m getting older 😂 I now regularly do chiropractor visits, massage therapy, cupping, stretching, pilates, functional training, and one of my favorites, foam rolling! I have all different kinds for different situations (this one is especially scary looking but very helpful haha) and even though it can be painful to use at the time, I always feel so much better afterwards. It’s now a habit that I really enjoy, especially because I know how much less pain I’ll have in the long run! This was something that I honestly never knew or thought about when I was growing up, but I’m learning more and more about how important it is to have a regular stretching and releasing routine, and thought I’d pass that along in case it’s something you’re interested in looking into because everyone can benefit! It’s definitely something you’ll want to research and consult with a specialist, but I truly believe in the benefits because I have so much less pain now than I did a year ago, and I’d love for you guys to feel better if you're having these issues too 😊❤
- terushima._.yuujiI love you even more now 🍙🍙
- iwanabiiU got all my cheers ! Take care of yourself beatiful Taylor !
- lupph_lupphWaaww.. Attack on titan 😨😨 @taylordavisviolin
- hooleyhearts@taylordavisviolin I'm thrilled to see you have made friends with the foam roller! Foam rolling, cupping and dry needling have all helped in minimizing my pain and increased my mobility. I have several different foam rollers and always take one with me while traveling. A lacrosse ball works like magic too. Self care is critical. Important to give your body what it needs before it has to use pain to remind you. Appreciate you sharing your gifts with the rest of us. Stay true to your mission and enjoy the journey of a music maker!
- phillip.a.dudleyYou should get into yoga and do the stretching stuff. It helped me to because more flexible and hurt less.
- geo.s.silvaBeautiful ❤
- muhitrezaYayyy! :)
- andrasszoketothAttack on titan T-shirt. OMG
- at_mariamWhich one do you think helps the most for the neck?
- _mia_ray_I love your shirt! I'm also wearing some AOT merchandise today
- theadamchanceLove the AoT shirt 🤘🏻
- lemur_cdkOh wow !
- crystalbowie_Is there no plan for your Japanese tour?
- _rainbow60_Love your shirt so much. Attack on Titan is one of my favorite animes and I can't wait for season 2. 😍
- tl_bartolomeNice Attack on Titan T-shirt 💜
- jrpeiffer978You need to tell me where you got this. Because I want one so freaking bad!!!! Inner fanboy activate!
- williamquaylePilates my experience doing it I feel like a pretzil
- fuson_kpVery cool :)
Log in to like or comment.