- scrappysbitters(1/3) We took a stroll through Seattle's historic @PikePlacePublicMarket and met up with Erik Hakkinen at the renowned @ZigZagCafeSeattle. From bussing tables to filling some of the biggest shoes in Seattle's bartending scene, Erik's story of grit and ingenuity will be sure to inspire you in this installment of #BarNone: —————————————————————
"I grew up in scenic Tacoma, came to Seattle in 1998 to attend UW. Studied literature, philosophy, and French, which haven proven tangentially applicable to tending bar, at best. I started in restaurants in ’97 as a busboy and host on the Tacoma waterfront. In Summer ’00, I started working on Lake Union and when I turned 21, they did with me what they do with all of the least disciplined bussers - they put me in the bar. Shortly thereafter I got an offer to start barbacking at a new restaurant with a couple of bartenders who were apparently famous, some guy named Murphy or Monty or something. I learned as much as I could from those guys before they left, then assumed the role of lead bartender at the tender age of 21, which trust me was no position of auspice. In 2007, I got the job at Zig Zag and stayed there until the end of 2016. I learned probably 95% of everything I know working there. The combined experience behind that bar when I started, not including myself, was like 75 years, it was just absurd. So I got really lucky."
- scrappysbitters. . . . . .#ScrappysBitters #Scrappys #Bitters #BarNone #Cocktails #CocktailRecipes #PNW #Bartending #CocktailPorn #DrinkPorn #CraftCocktails #Mixology #ImBibe #CocktailsAndDreams #Mixologist #Bartender #BartenderBible #BuzzfeedFood #ErikHakkinen #ZigZagCafe #Seattle #PikePlace #Tacoma #Elderflower #BarNone
- lalcommThis is great :)
- mr.overeasyLove ZigZagCafe!
- explorerfoodieI think we might like the same things! Cool profile 😉
- scrappysbitters@explorerfoodie 🖒🙏
- alber.collectionBello scatto 😊😊
- thebourbonbelleLove people stories 👍🏼
- loranojlosWoow What a selection!