tedisarahIf you haven’t already, meet Belle! Belle is my current foster dog. She came to @animalhaven all the way from the Midwest. Belle was moved from Animal Haven to my home to be fostered because she was so nervous and fearful. Animal Haven did everything they could to make her feel comfortable and safe, even moving her into a quiet area by the vet tech’s office, but she was still terrified. Too scared to walk, too scared to approach people, too scared to eat treats handed to her, and too scared to even make eye contact with people. It’s hard to know for sure what happened to her before being rescued, but clearly it wasn’t good. More than cars or other animals or the loud noises of New York City, she was terrified of people. When she moved to my home to be fostered she stayed in her crate, with the door open, for 19 hours straight. She couldn’t hold eye contact with me and stayed pressed up against the back edge of her crate. If I tried to pet her or look at her, she would turn away. Finally, after those 19 hours, the first sign of progress...she peeked her nose out for a little sniff, and then quickly shrunk back into her crate. She remained too scared to even look at me for three days. But slowly, she started to trust me. And last night, for the first time, she heard a noise that spooked her in the hallway and instead of darting into her crate, she came running to me. It was an amazing step in her transformation. Today she is curled up on my lap, which she crawled onto herself, as I type this out. Someone was very cruel to Belle, but with a little love and lots of reassurance that she is safe, she is blossoming. I have no doubt that she will make an absolutely wonderful companion. In fact, she already is. It’s a pleasure to foster her and I can’t wait to see how she will continue to grow. I have been posting lots of Belle progress updates on my Instastories, so be sure to check them out if you want to follow along on her journey. Thank you to everyone who messaged me about her and sent good wishes. You have all been so kind! Belle is up for adoption through @animalhaven. #ADOPT
- fantastic__kSaving lives on many levels! 💗
- sweetpupsomineThis is so so wonderful and I feel like there already is a happy ending, even if there is a lot more work to do ❤
- theglowingfridgeShe is the sweetest little thing! I've loved watching her warm up to you. You're the best mama to her 💗❤️
- efl1977Bless her. She is gorgeous. My youngest was a breeding bitch and we have, with the help of professionals, been peeling back the layers. We are getting there slowly. I am sure that with security and love Belle will blosoom
- rachel_h2oYou are amazing!!!!
- tedisarah@rachel_h2o 😘😘
- tedisarah@efl1977 so glad to hear your pup has made progress!
- tedisarah@sweetpupsomine ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
- tedisarah@fantastic__k 💗
- efl1977@tedisarah yes we have. She is a wonderful dog with so much love to give. I have an older gentle boy that has given her the security to grow as well xx
- theadventuresofpaddingtonWhat a sweetheart. So thankful she is getting the love and safety she needs to blossom.
- tedisarah@theadventuresofpaddington ❤️❤️❤️
- lovelydinosaur_I'm going to miss the Belle stories when she gets her forever home. I love her 😍
- fullofbeanslife@lovelydinosaur_ same here!
- fullofbeanslifelove this photo! so beautiful. you've given little Belle something priceless. ❤
- tedisarah@lovelydinosaur_ aw! I'm going to miss her too, so much! Thank you for following along on her journey.
- tedisarah@fullofbeanslife thank you so much! 🙏🏼❤️
- shopfilbertOh my goodness this sweet face!!!
- veganeatstoronto💜💜 thank you for taking Belle into your home, Tedi and for caring for her and supporting her and sharing this message with everyone.
- arolnickso amazing!!!
Log in to like or comment.