thehomemadehausThis week, I'm taking #theheartfeltgrid challenge with @rachel_allene. And, of course, I'm already a day behind. Better late than never, I guess. ⠀
Today (well, yesterday really), I'm supposed to share about me - personality, random tidbits, etc. For some reason, this feels suuuuper challenging to me. Maybe the first peek into my personality is my fumbling through this post. 😜⠀
Here goes. I grew up in northern New Jersey, I'm the youngest of six kids, and I'm an introvert - which sometimes surprises people because I can also be loud and obnoxious. But the introvert in me is always there. I love food (obviously), and I enjoy cooking, but I'm not opposed to the Chick-Fil-A drive through or whatever meals Trader Joe's has available in the freezer section. I am a bit of a coffee snob, an attribute I've acquired thanks to my coffee-roasting brother, @fgroast. ⠀
I'm a wife and a stay-at-home mom of toddler twins, with Baby #3 arriving in early July. I am slightly panicked about having three kids in diapers, as it looks unlikely that the twins will be potty-trained by then. Oof. (Advice welcome on that one.) I've probably seen every episode of "The Office" at least 5+ times. (Pathetic, I know, but I blame at least half those instances on being pregnant with twins in the middle of winter a couple years ago. I was nothing short of a beached whale.) In my former life, I worked in the non-profit world, most recently for Feed My Starving Children, an organization I love and hope to someday work with again. Currently, during naptimes and in any spare moments I have, I share stories and recipes on my blog and about once a month over at coffeeandcrumbs.net.⠀
I think that's plenty for now! If I get the guts, maybe I'll share a bit more on an IG story. Gah! But the thought of that makes me feel super awkward...so we'll see. 😄⠀
Anyone else a coffee snob? Addicted to The Office? Resonate with the "beached whale" feeling while pregnant?
- thehomemadehaus#coffee #motherhood #calledtobecreative #foodblogging #theheartfeltgrid
- gsvaldezLovely share! I started following your Instagram because a close friend of mine does: she always ferrets out interesting things. I knew close to nothing about you. I'm a moderate coffee snob. Though I judged coffee a bit harshly until officially becoming an imbiber at 40 (47 now), I quickly climbed the ladder to higher rungs of bean and roast preference (Peru and Guatemala; light to medium), flavor notes -- lemon, brown sugar, bright -- and brewing method (cold brew, initially for acid reduction, but quickly appreciated the smooth, mellow, non-bitter nature). I enjoy your photography and food adventures.
- rachel_alleneHey no pressure--do what works for you!! 😘😘😘
- fgroastCoffee lover... not coffee snob😁☕️
- thehomemadehaus@gsvaldez Thank you so much for your kind words! And love hearing your coffee thoughts! While I enjoy bright, light coffees, my favorites tend to be more chocolatey, earthy, rich. And I'm definitely a fan of cold brew, too!!! 💛
- thehomemadehaus@fgroast It's a fine line, I guess. 😜
Log in to like or comment.