createarteveryday#abstractart for #solidarity #daywithoutawoman #wmw #internationalwomensday Proud to stand with my #sisters today There are many #shades of #red #activism #resistance #stronger #lovewins #arttherapy #abstraction #art🎨 #texture #mixedmedia inspired by #womensmarch #socialjustice #sunset_madness #sunsetlovers #naturephotography #naturelove #abstractexpressionism #riseup #lovelovelove #womensmarch #flaming_abstracts #abstract #artoftheday on Gessobord by @ampersand_art with @goldenpaints
- joseph_thurbinGreat pictures! 📷
- createarteveryday@joseph_thurbin Thank you!
- tomgarrahanartI love this, and I mean this as one artist to another...with abstract expressionism, I've always been curious, how do you know when a piece is finished? I mean that respectfully. No BS. No snark. I'm too uptight to be capable of this kind of freedom. So, anyway, is it a feeling of being finished?
- createarteveryday@tomgarrahanart Thanks! That's a great question. In this case I wanted to post something red to show my support for the protesters today. I only had a few minutes to paint and went with what I had when I was finished. For me, acrylic paintings are almost never finished unless I'm in love with them. I figure I can always add something, paint over it, etc. But when I do feel finished, it is a feeling of being finished. You've hit the nail on the head. Often, I see something I really like and think I can make it better.......and then I go too far and mess it up. The great thing about acrylics is I can always go over it and make something else I hopefully like out of it. The mistake underneath can bring depth to the work on top, making it richer and better. I encourage you to go for it, Tom; you may really enjoy it. Or not, we are all so different. I started with watercolor, which once you've fouled up, good luck fixing it, hopefully you can rinse it off and if not, oh well. I draw realistically and am happier painting abstractly. Quite a weirdo, but that's me. Love your comics - you have a gift!! Thanks for the Q. This one to me felt violent when I looked at it but considering the menace living in the WH at this time, I was happy with that. Eventually this will become a background and I will go over it until it pleases me. It was a way to pull some of the anger I'm feeling out of my soul, and in that, it works wonderfully. However, I wouldn't want this on my wall because it feels like a slasher film to me. It was important to show my solidarity with my sisters, so I went ahead and posted it. Again, thank you.
- tomgarrahanart@createarteveryday Thanks! I love acrylics because I'm so impatient! But I like oils because I can mix on the canvas itself. I'm always interested to hear about other artists' process. I'm more of an illustrator in that, for me it's a marriage between my innate need to be exact and my creativity. Your free-flowing work is amazing to me because I'm not capable of being that free. We all have our own styles and reasons. And that's what makes us great! Artists rule!
- createarteveryday@tomgarrahanart Yes! hehe we do! :D
- createarteveryday@tessaroseart Thanks!
- llaurenbGorgeous 💖
- createarteverydayAw thanks! Much appreciated! 💗
Log in to like or comment.