susanlcaseyThis is a bull shark. You might not want to meet up with him in the water--but you also don't want to overlook his importance to the ocean ecosystem. Sharks are 400 million years old--older than trees on this planet. Link in bio to my piece for @outsidemagazine about @kellyslater calling for a bull shark cull on Reunion Island. (Hint: I don't agree with him.) #sharks #reunionisland #ocean #surfing #voicesintheocean #oceanconservation
- hajimotoI met a couple the other day! Weren't so bad;)
- jgutierrezprowseI'd love to meet a bull shark. Thanks for standing up to @kellyslater
- wahlchristopherGreat read.
- pelacaseLove what you're all about - great work! ❤
- susanlcasey@hajimoto @jgutierrezprowse you are right! It's all about context. Any time we can meet a 400 million year old, magnificent creature in the ocean the only correct response is awe.
- jgutierrezprowse@susanlcasey Yes yes yes Susan! They are so amazing.
- flypookGreat article
- onnaleeafarGreat article just read it on the plane over the weekend!
- barefoot_dogCulling is not the answer. @kellyslater has revised his thoughts and feelings on this issue and should be credited for doing so. Speaking from loss/grief sometimes leads us to say what we feel in that moment and not always what our true feelings on the subject are. #reflect #research #respect Mahalo also to @seashepherd.org.
- bensonlyndieNever a good idea to fool with MOTHER NATURE @kellyslater. Love him but............not good
- erinsupngirlGO SISTA 🌟
- susanlcasey@barefoot_dog story talks about Slater's change of heart
- oceanskeepersOne of our followers just sent us your pic 👍 Tag us next time so we get an alert!
- susanlcasey@oceanskeepers Will do--mahalo for your work
Log in to like or comment.