amandamariefittH E A L T H ✨My story isn't one that begins with a dramatic 100 lb weight loss. According to all the charts, I was healthy... a 'normal' weight for my height. Yet, I wasn't actually healthy. My body fat was too high, my muscle mass was too low, I relied on alcohol to overcome my introverted tendencies, and I didn't know what a 'balanced diet' was. 😳 The very first steps I took: 1️⃣ Lost the booze. I still drink on occasion but it's not a weekly or even monthly occurrence. 2️⃣ Joined a gym. I spent a few bucks on a personal trainer and learned how to lift. I don't regret for one moment spending money on a trainer. My gym experience began exactly as it should... in the weight room. 3️⃣ Researched everything I could about nutrition. NUTRITION... not dieting. 4️⃣ Made both nutrition and fitness a lifestyle... a habit. 👟 While my weight really hasn't changed (I'm actually heavier now 💪🏽) my body composition has radically shifted. I've put on 25+ lbs of muscle over the past 3 years and dropped multiple percentages of body fat. I've never once used diet pills, wraps, special shakes, or meal plans. The absolute best advice I can give is 'stick with the basics.' ✌🏽I see so many women struggling and making it harder than it needs to be. Head to the gym, pick up a weight. If you are uncomfortable, hire a trainer for a few sessions. It's an EXCELLENT investment in yourself. @bodybuildingcom also has amazing free weight lifting programs. Second is nutrition. Again, keep it simple. You don't need to cut out food groups, sugar, carbs or start with a detox or cleanse. Sign up for @avatarnutrition ($10 - can't beat it!) or with a coach (me! 🙋🏽) and learn how to track your macros. I promise, it's life changing. FREEDOM from restrictive diet mentality. If you really want to save money, dig into free resources online regarding macros, flexible dieting, and evidence-based nutrition. The resources are there... you just have to be willing to put in the work. 💜
- amandamariefitt#riseandgrind #flexibledieting #iifym #iifymwomen #iifymgirls #justtrackit #athlete #wbff #fittip #fitness #fitnessmodel #motivation #transformation #trainhard #girlswholift #girlsgonestrong #girlswithmuscle #strengthqueens #wonderwomanmentality #physique #healthyliving #wellness #empowerwomen #powerbuilder #bodypositive #selfworth
- alina5everThank you for sharing your story (: you've really helped me learn that food is nutrition! No matter if it's donuts or pizza or pancakes..you've encouraged me to accept carbs and to simply ENJOY them instead of avoiding them. I feel so much more energized now that I am nourishing my body properly. I would not have become healthy again without the encouragement of your awesome insta posts #noshameincarbs
- amandamariefitt@alina5ever That is awesome!! 👏🏽 Carbs are most definitely necessary for our body to feel it's best, ESPECIALLY if you're active. 💜
- letasha87You always make great/helpful/enlightening post!!
- kmleonard14Hey @amandamariefitt - I love reading your posts and love how real and straight forward you are. I have a question for you- what are your thoughts on BCAA's, pre and post workout supplements/shakes??!!! Thanks so much!
- amandamariefitt@kmleonard1 those types of things can definitely be useful! I certainly supplement my diet with protein shakes if my protein goals are not being met during the days. When I say 'shakes' I'm talking about particular brands (like shakology or Herbalife) that make you believe the shake is the magical key. REGULAR priced protein is perfect. I also use BCAAs and pre workout.
- cbrajtLove your page. Love your posts. Loves your transformation 😍
- jblanch1128@amandamariefitt do you have any tips on how to up your weight on exercises when you lift by yourself? I don't have anyone to spot me if it's too heavy or I'm losing form and I feel it inhibits me from bumping up my weight.
- mbf5110Is there any one online IIFYM calculator that you suggest using over the other?
- randy.d.mortensen@amandamariefitt Congrats on all the positive changes you have accomplished to be a better and healthier you.
- madismusclesYou look soooooooo good 😩 so beautiful and healthy.
- kgarcia1088Will using a iifym eating plan work for weight gain as well?
- amandamariefitt@kgarcia1088 IIFYM isn't an eating plan. 🙃 It's actually one of my biggest pet peeves when people call it 'macro dieting.' lol. Tracking macros is simply ensuring your body is getting proper amount of nutrients it needs to function at optimal level. Weight loss happens in a deficit (less calories) and and weight gain/muscle gain happens in a surplus. Both can be achieved by tracking macros as long as the macros are set appropriately.
- amandamariefitt@mbf5110 I have found that IIFYM.com has a fairly decent calculator. I recommend actually calculating your TDEE yourself though (you can find the formula online) and then adjusting calories based on your goals. 👍🏽
- amandamariefitt@jblanch1128 The only exercise you truly need a spot on would be a bench. Don't test a 1 RM max unless you have one. If you have access to a squat rack, safety bars provide everything you need. 👍🏽 You don't need a person.
- solidlyhonestThis is great!
- allyb10_fitWhat materials did you use to learn about nutrition @amandamariefitt? Want to become educate
Log in to like or comment.