jackjoneshgThis new multiple photo upload will be really handy! Here’s more people that I met at my second night at camp. The first is Ron and his wife, up for a week hike from Florida. It’s amazing how generous people you meet on the trail are - I only saw Ron for two days but he found my blog and offered to send me a care package all the way from Florida.
The two guys are Barron and Priest. Barron’s plan was to go into med school and Priest was going in the seminary. I saw them off and on for the first 200 miles. They were hiking to Clingman’s Dome.
Standing by the tent is big Tom. I think eventually his trail name became Major Tom. His original plan was to do a small section but if I read the trail logs right he made it all the way to Harper’s Ferry if not further. Tom worked at a resort out in Wyoming and meeting him opened my eyes to the travel opportunities you could have when you work a seasonal job.
Then there’s Phil standing on Blood Mountain. Blood Mountain is the first big mountain NOBOs hit, standing at 4,459’ and it’s the first big view we get to see. Phil would become known as Philbert. He hiked to Franklin, NC and his plan is to section hike the whole thing.
Finally here’s Jingle Bells and Shark Bait also on Blood Mountain. I lost track of them around Hiawassee, GA when I took an extra zero and they pushed on ahead. I never did catch back up to them but they made it to Harper’s Ferry and are saving the northern portion of the AT for another summer.
- jackjoneshg@enjoyeverymoment1973 @lisellaonfoot
- jackjoneshg#AppalachianTrail #hiking #backpacking #at #thruhike #bphiking #at2016 #hike #thruhiking #appalachiantrials #outdoors #travel #camping #adventure #wanderlust #photography #landscape #nature #naturephotography
- hikeitup73What fun times. Thanks for tag.
- lisellaonfootThis is so great to see. Amazing.
- dtksilkLove your photos. They inspire me to get back out on the trail.
- kat_van_1I like your trail story...photos too👏🏼
- brokenarrowsoapcoMarvelous post
- lekkas_chef💪:) 🔝🚀🚀😉🇬🇷🇬🇷💞💞
Log in to like or comment.