makaylamarieholtI will forever miss this. 🇨🇱 --- March 5, 2016.
It's been a year since I returned home on medical release from serving an LDS mission & I can honestly say that not a day goes by where part of me doesn't wish I was still there.
However, I've learned that it's not about the trial ending, it's about how you handle it, what you're learning, & if you're growing. ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
My favorite seminary teacher once said, "Because of agency every trial, every situation, can either make us bitter or better". So, are your trials making you bitter, or better? & do you recognize that it's your choice?
I often wish things were different. I miss serving as a missionary among so many friends, speaking Spanish nonstop, & testifying to strangers about something so dear to my heart. I don't understand why all of this needed to happen & in this way, -why I couldn't have had more time in Chile or why I haven't been able to find answers to my health issues- but I've been blessed to see the growth & I wouldn't trade what I've gained for anything. 💕
I have learned so much & truly seen the Atonement work in my life.
It is so real to me. He is so real to me. ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The last year has not gone at all as I had planned & my journey is far from over, but I testify that we are in good hands.
The gospel is true. I promise.
Keep praying, keep trusting, & keep on keepin' on.
"And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me."
- hannahhdusSo so much love for you. You make the best missionary wherever you go, Makayla. ❤️
- makaylamaiseyyou are wonderful.
- big_bright_yellow_sunThis was beautifully said! I wish the best for you and your health and your future; as you said, the gospel allows us to understand that with the gift of agency we have the ability to literally be happy and forward thinking non-stop; I often wonder why many of the trials I have had to go through have happened as well as why I have had to go through situations in certain ways--but by the time I lay my head down (most nights) even if I don't have all the answers I am at least certain that a higher being has my best interest in mind and loves me to death so I know there must be a reason! This was a truly inspirational post at a great time...thanks and have a good week! 😊🤗❤
- alisahinksonYou are the most amazing human being! 💕 So grateful to have you in my life! You have made such a different this last year!
- ntkmcclureThere are no words, dear, sweet Makayla, to express my amazement and wonder at what you have endured and continue to endure. God must have mighty works to work through you! ❤
- megan_rose18That's incredible! Thank you for sharing 😊
- ofatonga64Love this post! ❤❤
- allyfronk❤❤❤ You are amazing, never forget that
- kpholt6What a privilege it is to be the mother and friend of one so wise and mature! I have learned so much from you as I have watched you work through the challenges you have faced this past year. You have done so with complete faith in Heavenly Father's plan for you and in Jesus Christ's Atonement. The reward: YOU KNOW THEM! You are an incredible example to all! I love you, Mak! ❤️
Log in to like or comment.