learninginhandYou can use the Chrome web browser app on iOS to scan a QR code. You do not actually scan from within the app. Instead, you access Chrome’s QR code function from the Home screen. When on any Home screen, swipe down to access Spotlight search. (Don’t swipe from the very top of the screen, as that brings up Notifications.) Enter QR into the search box. Scroll until you see the Chrome icon that’s labeled “Scan QR Code" and tap it. Chrome’s QR code scanner launches and accesses your device’s camera. When the scanner senses a QR code, it will open the code’s web link. Since links open in Chrome, links will appear in your Chrome history and you can easily add them to your bookmarks. When signed with your Google account, you can access your open tabs and bookmarks in Chrome on other devices.
- learninginhandMy favorite QR code scanning app is i-nigma. It works really quickly and opens web links into the Safari browser on iOS. That’s not great if you’re a Chrome user, so it’s nice that there’s an easy way to open QR code links into Chrome. 👍
- learninginhandChrome’s QR code scanner isn’t so great for scanning text QR codes. Longer strings of text are cut off. 👎
- learninginhandYou need to have the free “Google Chrome – The Fast and Secure Web Browser” app installed for the option to show up in the Spotlight search. #iteach #iteachtoo #ipaded #qrcodes #googleEdu #googlechrome #teachersofinstagram
- learninginhandIf you don’t see the Scan QR Code option, open the Chrome app. Then go back to the Home screen and try again.
- learninginhandOn a device with 3D Touch, like iPhone 6s and iPhone 7, you can deep press Chrome’s Home screen icon. Scan QR Code will pop up as an option.
- mguhlingreat, Tony!
Log in to like or comment.